paleomaxx

Aug 14, 2016
Upstate, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that the weeds have died down I finally got to search the foundation I found in the woods. The foundation itself is still impassable with brambles, but the front of the house used to be an orchard and I had fantastic luck there. There were plenty of 1820's brass flat buttons and four large cents (1817, 1814, 1843, and missing date). When I pulled this out of the ground I thought it was another brass flat where the shank broke off, but after some light cleaning with a q-tip I found that what I thought was the shank scar are the remains of a design.

DSC07768.JPGDSC07770.JPGDSC07772.JPGDSC07773.JPG

I know there isn't much to go on, but does the design look familiar to anyone? The coin is copper and almost the same size as a quarter, but half the thickness. There's nothing visible on the obverse and it looks like wear as opposed to ground corrosion is the culprit so I don't know how much cleaning would help, but I'm open to suggestions though on carefully cleaning it further.

Thank you so much; I'd say that's an extremely strong candidate. I wish I could bring out more detail. If I can confirm that it is in fact that coin it will get the new seat as the oldest coin I've found so far!

Upvote 0
Amazing find great job I would be all over that site Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back