✅ SOLVED Need Help I.Ding this aluminum hook

vhs07

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
Victoria, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Cortez
Need Help I.D'ing this aluminum hook

Anybody have an idea on this. It's aluminum and 4 1/2 inches long. No markings. My first thought was a hoof pick, but now I don't believe so.
PARTIAL  october 7  2013 184.JPG PARTIAL  october 7  2013 183.JPG PARTIAL  october 7  2013 185.JPG

Could it possibly be for picking up bales of hay, holding the long curve in the hand and catching the 2 bale ropes with the hook part? HH
BK

Upvote 0
Could it possibly be for picking up bales of hay, holding the long curve in the hand and catching the 2 bale ropes with the hook part? HH
BK
Possibly. My fingers fit into it but its a little tight around the middle finger. Also, as thin as it is, it wouldn't take very much weight before this would be very uncomfortable. If I wore gloves, my finger would not fit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Where did you find it?

One of our customers bought it at an estate sale included in a bunch of other junk. He keeps what he wants and always brings the rest to sell as scrap at our recycling business. I always enjoy digging thru his stuff.

Upvote 0
Not a hay hook,and not a hoof pick. My swag is two of them were used to pull on tight cowboy boots. I used to do that with wood handled hooks.

Upvote 0
Yepper, Bosnmate is correct. Boot Hooks for putting on and Boot Jacks for taking off. Since it is small, it could be for ladies boots.

:)
Breezie

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back