SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need Help I.D.'ing Maker's Mark on Silver Plated Candle Sticks

I'm turning to the collective knowledge of the forum once again to try to I.D. the maker of these candle holders. I picked up the pair for $5 at a yard sale this morning. A google search found a few other pieces described vaguely by their owners, as being marked with "a knight, a T with a hook under it, and an elk". No maker's name, however. It seems 'Old English Reproduction" is not a brand name or pattern; it was quite a common descriptor, and used by many makers as a marketing ploy. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated, as always. Happy hunting!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    975.2 KB · Views: 107
  • image45.jpeg
    image45.jpeg
    389.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Unsure, but OER may be a subsidiary or brand company of Rogers Silver is what it seems to be connected to?? S.P. Copper = (silver plate on copper) B.M. MTS.= (Base Metal Mounts) Try a post in the "Garage Sales Forum" Their good at identifying these types of things. The style is for sure the type design found in 18th century old English silver. I'm thinking they were made between the 1950s to 1960s.

Upvote 0
Thanks Tamrock! I posted on a silver & silver plate collector's forum as well, and you have been the first person to venture an educated guess. I appreciate your help in narrowing it down. Posters like you and Diggumup are what make this site so great. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back