Need advise for a kids MD

Diggerbarns

Oct 30, 2007
I want to get a kids detector for Christmas.I have an 8 yr old and a 4 yr old that like to go with me on occasion..I found a few on ebay,but I dont know anything about them.Realisticly I know they wont function like my whites units,but I want one that will at least sniff out coins on a tot lot.They are short and very light weight (kids size) can anyone here give me a reccomendation?

Diggerbarns said:
I want to get a kids detector for Christmas.I have an 8 yr old and a 4 yr old that like to go with me on occasion..I found a few on ebay,but I dont know anything about them.Realisticly I know they wont function like my whites units,but I want one that will at least sniff out coins on a tot lot.They are short and very light weight (kids size) can anyone here give me a reccomendation?
most of your bountys have adjustable shafts,
if you get some make sure they have pin point it will be easy for them to find the coins that way.
i may have a couple bountys like brand new id sell ya i just dont use my other 12 since i got my XLT

BH Mark IV should be perfect they sell for around $130 but are light weight will detect down to 8 inches and are fairly rugged enough to take at least a little punishment. Also the mark IV is a tector that will carryover into their teens in case one or more become enthusiasts.

P.S. they sell at Wally world under the name Pioneer 101 or radio shack Mark IV both names online at ebay but same model either way.

You can't go wrong with Tesoro or even and ACE 250 but you will pay just a little more. My 8 y/o has a Bounty Hunter 1100 which I paid $35.00 for and it works good enough for her.

Scrooge said:
BH Mark IV should be perfect they sell for around $130 but are light weight will detect down to 8 inches and are fairly rugged enough to take at least a little punishment. Also the mark IV is a tector that will carryover into their teens in case one or more become enthusiasts.

P.S. they sell at Wally world under the name Pioneer 101 or radio shack Mark IV both names online at ebay but same model either way.
radio shacks name is discovery 3300 a dang good detector.
just make sure you get one with pin point

i have two i lonestar and junior,the bounty hunter junior is perfect for little kids its bout 80$ and it works great and is good for pinpointing,id be lost without it.

I'd say a Bounty Hunter 1100 like the one Larry's daughter has makes a good detector for a child, and it's quite a little detector actually. Can be used as a clad gatherer.

Well I missed Christmas, but surprised no one mentioned the Tesoro Compadre.

And they once made an Amigo that was also good.

R M P T R

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back