IMG_2143.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2144.jpeg
    IMG_2144.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2145.jpeg
    IMG_2145.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
I found this on a dried up creek bed while metal detecting. The bottom of the bottle was visible so I pulled it up. It was easy to clean and cleaned up well. I can’t seem to find any info on it.. appears to possibly be apothecary but that’s just a guess. Any info will be appreciated!
It is made by Lutz & Schramm Co…, out of Ohio, in business from 1891-1915 approximately as they filed for bankruptcy in 1915. They built a new building in Creston, Ohio in 1894 and were known as Lutz Brothers Pickling &Preserving Works. Produced lots of condiment jars/bottles and I think somewhere in the history of the company they may have done stoneware fruit jars, as I seem to remember seeing something about it a while back.

It is made by Lutz & Schramm Co…, out of Ohio, in business from 1891-1915 approximately as they filed for bankruptcy in 1915. They built a new building in Creston, Ohio in 1894 and were known as Lutz Brothers Pickling &Preserving Works. Produced lots of condiment jars/bottles and I think somewhere in the history of the company they may have done stoneware fruit jars, as I seem to remember seeing something about it a while back.
Thanks! great info. I guess it's pretty old then

Thanks! great info. I guess it's pretty old then
Pretty safe to say at least 110 years old👍🏼 I wonder the original contents…maybe it was for olives or cherries, radishes?….either way neat looking bottle!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back