B|lker

Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was found on or about easter weekend in the fred fletcher park of Raleigh, NC after reading a post about the area behind the ball diamond here at treasurenet.

It may have been used to produce their own bullets during the civil war.

Attachments

• lead.JPG
    lead.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0
im sorry, but all i see is a 6+ inch peice of metal. not sure that thats how they made their bullets, but i may be wrong. try takin it to an antique dealer or something like that to see if thats what it is or not. keep updating

From what i`ve read the lead/salt peter mine in virginia was constantly under siege during the war.

During this time people were asked to donate there silverware, water pipes and roofing material to aid in bullet making.

I`m in the construction business and have never seen lead this thick in any application.

Hope to here more input with anyone who wants to add there two cents. ;)

didn't think of that. it could be an iron pot handle or somethin of that sort. i remember them takin all the metal they could when munitions were runnin short. thats interesting.....

I`ve read that there was an military encampment as well as a childrens orphanage founded in the early 1900`s on this spot.

the military emcampment would be the answer. look around for more things of interest. somethin might be worth some money or very valuable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back