Navy? Found in Northern Pennsylvania

bocephus99

Jun 18, 2010

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 147
Plymouth automobile grill/hood/trunk lid emblem? Sub 8-)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is nothing, just the letter opener Christopher Columbus used to open his mail from the Queen. Just toss it in your junk pile.

PS: hope you saw the humor in the post.

Upvote 0
Similar indeed, but Plymouth's Mayflower logo seems to show the back of the ship, and headed a different direction.
If this thing is a letter opener, it looks like the sheath is stuck on... unless its the chunkiest opener blade ever.
A picture of the other side may (or may not) help. Is there a seam where the anchor meets the rope? (exploring the idea of a stuck sheath, with just enough corrosion to make it look like one piece)

Upvote 0
Just a guess. I have seen fancy ones but not like yours. Is the metal strong enough to be a sail/rope making fid (splicing rope or opening up holes in the sailcloth)?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the responses.

I believe all could be possible but I'm going with Columbus's letter opener. :icon_thumleft: Lol

A friend sent that pic to me and I posted it pretty quickly with little info. I have since actually held the item and have some additional info and pics. After holding it, I don't believe it's lead but some other metal alloy. Hope the pics help.

Thanks againimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back