Attachments

• IMG00059-20110522-0952.jpg
    IMG00059-20110522-0952.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 2,160
  • IMG00059-20110522-0952.jpg
    IMG00059-20110522-0952.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 896
Upvote 0
HOLY COW!!!!! That is awesome!! Do you think maybe it's a preform of sorts?

I've never seen anything like that before, either. Pretty neat if you ask me....

I would guess that it's a hoe. Have you got a picture of the other side? That is nice...d2

James!! i a,m a little envious of you find it is my type of artifact, out of the box. i and i think everybody on Tnet would like more photos of it, other face, point and base also any other angles you would care to post. thank you so very much for the photo you did and a double thank you if get to post any more! Terry

Thanks everyone I will post some more photos soon.

Last night I took a look at Gary Fogelman's Pennsylvania Artifact Series, Booklet 44, which includes pictures of hoes found in Pennsylvania. Your piece looks like a couple of the notched hoes featured in that Booklet, except yours is noticably better made. I would be thrilled to have something like that appear in a row I was walking.

artorius

Yes, we need more cleaned up pics. I agree that it could be a hoe, but the (poll) end seems to have a purposeful edge maybe making it a (multi-use) tool form! Nice find JBibb!

That's a great find!! If I'd found that,I'll be passed out cold laying in the corn field!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back