Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I stopped to ask permission this morning to hunt a property that was a total loss due to a fire a few months ago. The fellow had a small yard sale going so I bought a couple items to butter him up. These had been hanging in the old barn's cellar and he had no clue what they were. They are 13 inches in length. Thanks for any help.
y6a6y5a7.jpg

egu3ynu5.jpg

devuvyja.jpg

It is used by someone to use with a forge. Holds the hot item while it is shaped with a hammer. tongs

Upvote 0
mystry tool is not so much of a mystry

It is used by someone to use with a forge. Holds the hot item while it is shaped with a hammer. tongs

THe rusty plier tool is actually used to cut tubular glass primarily for boiler sight glass.
A boiler sight glass allows the operator to see the water level in a steam or water heating boiler for homes and other buildings.

Upvote 0
Thank you sir. What are the grooves at the tip for? Is this a guess or have you seen one before?

Upvote 0
THe rusty plier tool is actually used to cut tubular glass primarily for boiler sight glass.
A boiler sight glass allows the operator to see the water level in a steam or water heating boiler for homes and other buildings.

Ahhh. So that little wheel sitting in the top groove is actually the cutter. Makes much sense! Thank you!

Upvote 0
You are right sir! I found this image on google
a2ygehyb.jpg

TNet members are the best!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back