JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all, dug this at an 1890 Queen Ann house my Neice plans to restore. I think it may be a Saintly somebody...(No disrespect intended, but it looks like Gandalf the wizard carrying ET across the river). It is the size of a half dollar with nothing on the back, does anyone know who this depicts, internet search of the picture didn't turn up anything for me...thanks in advance.

img001445 (788x800).jpg

Saint Christophorus medal

Thank you Mr Yax, interesting story on your link!

Upvote 0
Don't mention it, my pleasure.
In Greece St. Christophorus is the patron saint of drivers, in fact the church near my office is dedicated to him. Well, his orthodox counterpart, this one looks catholic :-)

Is this medal any good? I mean what is it made of?

Upvote 0
Yax, it sure looked like a gold coin while barley poking through the dirt, (second thing there that looked like gold, the other was a brass token that says "one day at a time" which another TNETer was kind enough to tell me are given at AA meetings to recovering addicts), but both are plated, you can see the plating wearing off the leg of the robe and the staff...you mentioned St. Christopher being Patron Saint of drivers, I just remembered a fellow driver at FedEx that had something like this hanging from his rearview mirror, cool, thanks.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back