Mystery Iron found on Civil War battlefield

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I am a new charter member and this is my first post. I wanted to get some feedback as to what the heck this is. I found it at an old Civil War skirmish site that has remained undeveloped since the war. It is fairly large and found it in a wooded area about 50 yards from a field in which there had been a line of artillery during the Civil War. Any ideas?? iron.jpg

Here is another better picture of piece of iron as well as another that was found at the same site.

Attachments

• iron3.jpg
    iron3.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 549
  • iron 2.jpg
    iron 2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 546
Upvote 0
Welcome To The Forum, The Smaller Piece Looks Like It Could Be Shrapnel, I Don't Know About The Bigger Piece. trk5capt...

Attachments

• skirmish site.jpg
    skirmish site.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 516
  • skirmish site.jpg
    skirmish site.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 512
Upvote 0
The Sentinel, welcome to the forum. Glad to see you made a wise decision and paid for Charter Membership. WTG.

Your first piece of iron looks like slag, leftovers from iron work. The second piece is probably just what trk5cptn says it is because he is a very knowledgeable and experienced in CW relic recovery. Hope you will post more photos of your finds as you get them. It's all good!

Upvote 0
Thanks Treasure Tales and Montana Jim. Hope to be showing more before long.

Upvote 0
TreasureTales said:
The Sentinel, welcome to the forum. Glad to see you made a wise decision and paid for Charter Membership. WTG.

Your first piece of iron looks like slag, leftovers from iron work. The second piece is probably just what trk5cptn says it is because he is a very knowledgeable and experienced in CW relic recovery. Hope you will post more photos of your finds as you get them. It's all good!
Yes....We have a bucket full of the stuff....Nice pics....Welcome!

Upvote 0
TreasureTales said:

I think so two ;)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back