โœ… SOLVED Mystery Coin -or- Token ?????

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I was back at an early 1900's house. I threw this one in my pouch thinking it was another wheat penny.
When I got it home I noticed it was a lot thinner than a penny, and just a hair larger in diameter than a penny. I'm pretty sure it is copper.
It is well worn, but I can see a man's head on the front and he has a collar.
On the back are all kinds of weird designs going on.
I'm sure one of you knows exactly what it is.
Thanks for l@@king.
-MM-

Attachments

• mc2.jpg
    mc2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 46
  • mc3.jpg
    mc3.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 34
  • mc4.jpg
    mc4.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 39
  • mc5.jpg
    mc5.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 39
  • mc6.jpg
    mc6.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 39
  • mc7.jpg
    mc7.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 34
  • mc1.jpg
    mc1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Neat find! It looks like a c. 1930s 1 Fils coin of Iraq.

Wow! I canโ€™t thank you enough. Great job on the ID.
I wonder how that ended up in this yard? Strange find for sure.
Thanks again for your help. ๐Ÿ‘
-MM-

Upvote 1
Wow! I canโ€™t thank you enough. Great job on the ID.
I wonder how that ended up in this yard? Strange find for sure.
Thanks again for your help. ๐Ÿ‘
-MM-
A) From someone's coin collection....? You could at one time buy a bag of foreign coins for coin collecting. Was a cheap way for kids to get foreign coins without traveling. Kid playing with it lost it.

B) Someone originally came from Iraq (Immigrated) and they had it as a memento, then they or a kid lost it.

C) It was a memento from a person who traveled to the middle east. Then a kid playing with it lost it.

Now with the 3 possibilities listed, some kid was playing with it and lost it in the yard to be found years later.

I'll give you an personal example when I was a 3rd/4th grader and we were stationed at Mountain Home AFB, Idaho (75-77) I lost a couple Netherlands-Zeeland Duits from the 1700's. I guarantee you years later someone was asking how the heck, did these get here. Kids I tell you, we've been creating accidental mysteries since the beginning of time.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
A) From someone's coin collection....? You could at one time buy a bag of foreign coins for coin collecting. Was a cheap way for kids to get foreign coins without traveling. Kid playing with it lost it.

B) Someone originally came from Iraq (Immigrated) and they had it as a memento, then they or a kid lost it.

C) It was a memento from a person who traveled to the middle east. Then a kid playing with it lost it.

Now with the 3 possibilities listed, some kid was playing with it and lost it in the yard to be found years later.

I'll give you a personal example when I was a 3rd/4th grader and we were stationed at Mountain Home AFB, Idaho I lost a couple Netherlands-Zeeland Duits from the 1700's. I guarantee you years later someone was asking how the heck, did these get here. Kids I tell you, we've been creating accidental mysteries since the beginning of time.
So true. Thanks for that input.
Years ago I dug a rare NC confederate officers buckle in the yard of an 1847 house. In the same yard I dug a rare CSN confederate Navy button. All I could reason was it had to be kids playing with these items in the yard.

I also went back to a farmhouse where we lived as kids in the 60โ€™s in Indiana and dug up some of our childhood toys. I still have them.

Thanks again Sarge,
MM

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back