Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was working on a stone wall at my house today.I decided to take a little break and try an area beside my back porch.It only took about 2 mins. and I got a loud signal at 2".I dug down and pulled out what I thought to be another washer.I live in an old farmhouse alot of bolts,washers,nuts etc. here.It had no hole in it,so I took it inside to wash it off and low and behold ,its an 88 kennedy half.This is the first one of these I have found.OK,its back to work now but was a nice little break.

Thanx for lookin,jimmy

Attachments

• ken.jpg
    ken.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 307
Upvote 0
Goes to show, you just never know! I dug two Franklin halves at the housing area of a retired Air Force base and nearly passed them both up as trash. All the houses were being pulled up and sold, and the foundations had all been dug in preparation for the move, and any aluminum siding they removed just got tossed onto the ground then covered by the dirt from the trench, and both the coins were in that trench. Just read that and realized it was a bit confusing, to me at least. Just imagine a moat around the house, and someone had tossed these halves in with a boatload of tiny pieces of aluminum. Kinda like that. Anyway, Happy Hunting!

af1733 said:
Goes to show, you just never know!? I dug two Franklin halves at the housing area of a retired Air Force base and nearly passed them both up as trash.? All the houses were being pulled up and sold, and the foundations had all been dug in preparation for the move, and any aluminum siding they removed just got tossed onto the ground then covered by the dirt from the trench, and both the coins were in that trench.? Just read that and realized it was a bit confusing, to me at least.? Just imagine a moat around the house, and someone had tossed these halves in with a boatload of tiny pieces of aluminum.? Kinda like that.? Anyway, Happy Hunting!

Yes ,exactly 1733! The signal was confusing and bouncing around,but I dug it anyway.Ive read here countless times to dig ALL IFFY signals.Im glad I did.

Cool Jimmy, Any half is a good half right. Gotta start with those and work your way older.

Good Luck Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back