Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A different site today, closer to the 1944 front line and the finds proove this. More than 80 pieces of driving band frags, casings, bullets. We need more time to clear this field. We gridded from the roman site away to one end of the field. I started the hunt with the fire damaged Denarius and closed the hunt with the Sestercius. OTWBTTC i got a signal and noticed a white stone which turned out to be a human wisdom tooth. Not a very special find, i got human teeth before a couple times. Otherwise not much turned up, more to come the next day.

WWII stuff
40852561ka.jpg

Flint, buckle parts, wick adjuster
40852562qo.jpg

Lead with a rectangular shaped piece. I'm thinking stylus.
40852563uh.jpg

Buttons
40852564df.jpg

Coins
40852565kh.jpg

Roman coins, the damaged Denarius could be a Nero, maybe Trajan. Sestercius looks like one of the girls.
40852566lp.jpg

Tooth
40852560vo.jpg

40852567iz.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 12
The coins have that look of antiquity....your photos are presented nicely as well...you've got a great area to hunt!

Westfront,

Looks like you had a good time in the fields. Agree, the Roman silver has definitely seen better days. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Silver is silver, though that one has seen some rough times.

Makes me wonder if it was damaged a 1000 yrs ago or during the war...

That flack sure rings up nice though.

I would call that a good day & a field worth continuing in!

Silver is silver, though that one has seen some rough times.

Makes me wonder if it was damaged a 1000 yrs ago or during the war...

That flack sure rings up nice though.

It rang up like a near mint condition roman silver.... :laughing7: but as you say, silver is silver. :occasion14:

I would call that a good day & a field worth continuing in!

Yes, i'm happy with that day. It's a huge field starting with neolithic settlements some 7000 years ago. More finds will come. On this field too, a race against time. :occasion14:

Westfront,

Looks like you had a good time in the fields. Agree, the Roman silver has definitely seen better days. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Hi Walt! Great weather, without the strong breeze it had been the first t-shirt day of the year plus roman silver. I'm fine with that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back