My Silver Day

smokedaddy

Mar 4, 2008
SE Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum / Fisher 1266X / Minelab Sovereign Elite/ Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi folks, I decided to take you along with me this morning to one of my favorite fields. (First photo) After searching for about 20 mins, I got a signal and dug about 6" and this is what I saw, (photo 2). The third photo is the recovered 1893-0 Barber Quarter. Thanks for joining me. C-Ya next time. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Barber 1.jpg
    Barber 1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 487
  • Barber 2.jpg
    Barber 2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 497
  • Barber 3.jpg
    Barber 3.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 496
Upvote 0
great pics and an awesome coin :o congrats :thumbsup:

nice dig!
Ken

THAT IS A BEAUTY. SUPER PICS AS WELL. HH

Yes very thick grass, this is a hay field. It will be up around a foot by this time next month. I am running out of time for this one until it gets cut around August.

Great pictures. Thanks for bringing us along with you. I love the action shots!! I dont know if I could hunt in grass that high. Looks like tough hunting. Nice qwatta!! :thumbsup:

That is a good looking Barber--Congrats and WTG :thumbsup:

Great coin! Don't know how you swing a detector in that tall grass though! Way to go!

Thanks for the comments, as far as swinging the detector in the high grass, it is not really swinging, more like pushing the grass from side to side. I use my ML-Sovereign just for the high grass areas as this detector is more designed for a slow sweep search.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back