FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi there, I went out MDing for a couple of hours today. Every site that I wanted to go to was in one way or another unaccessable except for one. So, after about an hour of walking through thorn bushes and mud, I finally got to my site. I found this site by accident. I was walking through a field to get to an old cemetary at the other side of it. I came across some pieces of brick and glass. I didnt have my detector with me, so I came back the next day and found about 10 coin buttons and 2 thimbles. After about a month of searching the site, I finally found my VERY FIRST coin, a 1771 Silver 1/2 Reale! The next day I found an 1801 King Geroge Copper (unfortunally I lost both of them :'( ). About 100 coin buttons, 4 thimbles, 2 candle holders, and a lead pencil later, I thought the site was hunted out. I had not come back there until today. After only about 15 mins of detecting I got a pretty strong mixed signal, and out came this beauty (well, maybe not beauty, but to me it is). It was the only thing I found today, because, by the time I got there, it was starting to get dark. I will probably go back tomorrow and see if I can give this Indian some company ;). Wish me luck! HH!

Fox

P.S. The first pic is of the coin before it was cleaned, and the others are after.

Attachments

• ih1.jpg
    ih1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 183
  • ih2-2.jpg
    ih2-2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 207
  • ih3.jpg
    ih3.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 0
Great job!

Don't you just hate it when you run out of time like that >:( There just aren't enough hours in the day!

Rod

PS: Good luck tomorrow!

Like Ive said before, they are my favorite. I can spot the dates a mile away. Nice find by the way. I found a couple 1875s myself, one in extra find condition.

Anthony

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back