My second ever half"Grand Slam"

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
My second ever half"Grand Slam"

"Grand Slam" is my term referring to at least one of each kind of Half dollar 1900-now.
Got some rolls searched between dodging tornados yesterday. All said about $250 of customer rolls searched. Results were 2 Barbers, 1 Walking Liberty, One Franklin, One 64 Kennedy and 9 40% Kennedys.
The 64 was the last one I got. As I was dumping my rolls I spotted it in a tellers tray and asked if she was selling halfs. She said she meant to put it up but I could buy it!

Thats not the end of the story though. I saw a small town bank that has had Silver Eagles in the past at other branches so I stopped to ask for them. They had 4 in the vault and appologized that they were 2008 and not 2011. When I asked the price she had to call the main branch and I figured they were discussing spot. She came out and said they are $20 each. How many would you like? :headbang:

So..I have found more silver lots of times in a day, but this was the widest variety and to me that's in many ways just as neat.

Here are the pics. I left the 40% out. we've all seen them before. The barbers are 1911s, and 1913s. WL is 1942, Franklin is 58

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

Upvote 0
Re: My second ever half"Grand Slam"

Man, great score. I can never find banks selling the american eagles, what banks sell them? I see a lot of people getting them on the forum, but I've never been offered them by a teller, or never seen them. You got a great price on those, I would have bought all they had for 20 bucks a pop. Nice score man!

Re: My second ever half"Grand Slam"

I can't for the life of me find a bank with silver eagles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back