Central SC
Detector(s) used
Old Garrett Deep Seeker

Attachments

• RevWarsmall.jpg
    RevWarsmall.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 902
Welcome to the Mugs Joel !

I was once asked to join the sons of the american Revolution.

Can't figure How you's get the Headphones over that Hat Though :wink:

Cool Pic !
Jeff

Most of the clothing is made by me. There are patterns, drawn from examples in the Smithsonian for the breeches, shirt and wescoat. Shoes are made by a company called Fugawee. They make both right/left lasted shoes and straight last shoes. Hat is a standard large brim felt blank. Cup was made for me by a tinsmith friend in the hobby. Of course if you don't feel like sewing there are several good "Revwar Suttlers" out there. By the way, specs are origninal to the late 18th century. My optitian put my perscription in them! I've been doing this for 38 years now. Heck I got some clothes older than most of the people on the field of battle now!

Pax Christi
Rev. Joel+
Militiaman, Fanning's Rgmt. NC Militia.
(and sometimes !8th Century Anglican Cleric)

Sounds like sedition to me! Here's to The Electorate of Hanover! King of England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the Colonies!

Great pic of you...your other hobby looks like loads of fun.

:wink: RR

You ought to visit an event. There is usually something going on almost every weekend in the land of freedom!

Pax Christi
Rev. Joel+

Welcome to Mugs RevJoel! I used to visit a locall museum a lot about 2 hour drive South from here...was full of re-enacting stuff, learned a lot about that hobby. They do make some of the things used, I looked at a few muzzle loading rifles that were decorated according to the time period...neat stuff. :coffee2:

I carry one of two flint locks. One is the 75. cal. Brown Bess Musket, and the other is .50 cal Southern Mountain Rifle. The rifle looks nothing like the "Kentucky" rifle. It carries no brass or shiny metal. The only "furniture" is the iron but plate, ramrod pipes and slockplate lug. Lock is from JR Lock company and it sparks like a Hobart welder!

Pax Christi
Rev. Joel+

Hey Rev., Just found this post. Do you know Dr. Tony Scottie ? He does those R.W. reinactments. He is for that other side according to him he thought the green uniforms looked better. He dresses out as a Hessin (I think a German ). He has done Spartanburg, Cowpens, Camden & a slew of them in N.C.also a couple of years ago one just out side of Savannah(To him that was a big deal one) Later D.D.

.. double tapped :thumbsup:

It is quite possible that I do know Dr. Tony, although not by name, but face. So often we go by persona on a weekend.

Sincerely

Fr. Guido Fanning+
Chaplain, Fanning's Rgmt (Loyalist)

That's one righetous mug reverend.

Gotta ask (no offense) What's with wearin' the 'blacks"? I thought that was an exclusive Catholic thing?

Seems to be a super hobby. Great outfit. :coffee2:

You must be referring to my avatar pic. I am an ordained Anglo-Catholic Priest. The Anglo-Catholic movement essentially started when the Episcopal Church started to drift further and further from its Scriptural basis and became more of a Warm Fuzzy Feel Good Admiration society.

Pax Christi
Rev. Joel+

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back