My new THing credo

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
My new TH'ing credo

I got out hunting again after work this evening... amazing how that one activity can improve an otherwise rotten day! ?I went back to my favorite playground/sports complex and hit the usual spots. ?(After all, it's been at least 5 whole days since I was last there!!!). ?Let me backtrack a moment...
This morning before I went to work, I was perusing this site and someone mentioned finding a Sacagewea dollar. ?I remembered thinking; "it's probably gonna be a looong time before I find one of those!" and I was wrong! ?Here's my first - found her face down in the sand under the swing set. ?I don't have to tell you how delighted and surprised I was... but what I found a few minutes later made me forget all about the coin. ?My next find was just lying in the grass - I saw it before my detector pinged it - and at first I assumed it was a piece of yet another twisted aluminium can. ?Turns out to be something that I'm going to treasure - with a sentiment I'm going to remember. ?It's just a (heavy!) pewter keychain - shaped like an angel's wing. ?On one side there's an etched quote from Katharine Hepburn: "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun".
Isn't that fabulous?!?
So the next time you wonder if you should climb that fence, or skirt past the probing eyes of an over-zealous groundskeeper... go right ahead... Kate will be smiling down on you!
Ruth

Attachments

• Wing and Dollar Front.jpg
    Wing and Dollar Front.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 310
  • Wing and Dollar Back.jpg
    Wing and Dollar Back.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0
Re: My new TH'ing credo

VERY COOL

SaintSea

CONGRATS !!!!!

Attachments

• expl-sov2.jpg
    expl-sov2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 256
  • expl-sov2.jpg
    expl-sov2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 252

Appropriately quoted,how true it is.Cool finds,I think kids must get a hold of sac. dollars then lose them.How else would so many be found? I'm still looking,only get out about twice a month this time of year,busy time for work.Good luck and H.H.-diggummup

I do love that quote. My grandma used to say something similar to it ;D Glad you found that Sac!

Cool finds! But, how can you live with yourself without finding at least one nail or pull tab??? I mean, I thought that was what MDing was all about isn't it? I thought the main objective was cleaning up our planet.....wasn't it? LOL Well, maybe I'll have better luck soon.

vicki

Actually the "cleaning up the planet" thing ranks pretty high with me, too, Vicki. I also brought home about a dozen pull tabs to add to my Mother's collection for the Ronald McDonald's house. (I also didn't mention in the post the clad that I found: 6 pennies and a dime). So, it wasn't all wings and dollars yesterday - I just wanted to focus on those two finds.
Ruth

Very cool find!!!
About the dollar, I have done that a lot since coming to this forum... Look at something on here, and then go out and find one.
Not quite sure how it works,,, but thats why I always stop in before I go out...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

found my first sac today also put me over 6 in clad so its a good find in my book also!!!

That is definately a cool saying! Very nice find! Congrats on the Sac as well!

-Mike

How very appropriate,great story and finds!! WTG!!

Nice - i think its absolutely beautiful - and a great credo - i kinda have followed that my whole life - now i have somebody to blame it on - Thanks - LBP ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back