My most amazing CoinStar find ever today!

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went by the same Winn-Dixie today and low and behold another handful. So I casually grabbed them and walked on. Did not want to tip anyone else off to this activity. After I got down an aisle I pulled it out to see what kind of junk I had today. They looked pretty well used and abused. THEN I noticed one that looked a bit different . NO WAY! Clean up on aisle 3. Check out the bottom row.
20240831_200621.jpg

20240831_200645.jpg
20240831_203452.jpg
This is actually the oldest coin I have recovered either detecting or CoinStar.
Think I'll drop by there tomorrow.

That's awesome!

Went by the same Winn-Dixie today and low and behold another handful. So I casually grabbed them and walked on. Did not want to tip anyone else off to this activity. After I got down an aisle I pulled it out to see what kind of junk I had today. They looked pretty well used and abused. THEN I noticed one that looked a bit different . NO WAY! Clean up on aisle 3. Check out the bottom row.
View attachment 2166456
View attachment 2166459View attachment 2166460
This is actually the oldest coin I have recovered either detecting or CoinStar.
Think I'll drop by there tomorrow.
Great find! I'd like to know how that one ended up in a Coinstar.

Wow an 1800's coin in the coinstar you can't beat that. Congrats! My best find ever was a merc dime, never came close to an 1800's coin. Very cool!

Well done.
Almost looks like metal detecting finds.

Well done.
Almost looks like metal detecting finds.
Well it sure gives me a challenging target to shoot for with my detecting. Kind of ironic to pay hundreds of dollars for detecting equipment and then find your oldest coin for free simply by walking in a door and looking.
I don't know hoe it got to that coin return chute, but I think I know why.
20240901_162109[1].jpg

That's a shield penny next to the Indian. One of the things that made it noticeable it my hand was that it felt chunky. Even beat up and worn down it is a good bit thicker than current coins. So, don't walk by a CoinStar without taking a look. If one of these makes it to the top dump it's going to be in the return chute.
BTW, the 1935 next to it was like icing on the cake.

Thanks to all. Looking forward to that feeling again. I need to get back out with my Legend. Slacking off after I dislocated my thumb (translation: lazy).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back