110.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 12-10-2023-02.jpg
    12-10-2023-02.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 12-10-2023-01.jpg
    12-10-2023-01.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 24
Upvote 14
While in Daytona found some time to hit the beach (yesterday)

Found 2 quarters - one state & one 1987
Found 1 dime - 1980
Knew I had an old penny, as those always come up pink, but just checking it today, looks like a wheat penny from 1925
Nice!!! Congrats!!!!

Nice find! Surly there will be many more to come, my friend!

A big congrats on your first Wheat Cent - a day you'll remember !
Most of us still remember where and when we found our first type of each old coin, even if it was many years ago.
Now go find your first Indian Cent !

Good Hunting !

Congrats on your first Wheat Cent.:occasion14:
What's kind of special is getting it off a beach that has been detected so many times, by so many people.

Now go find your first Indian Cent !
Thanks man, I really want an Indian nickle (I bought some but never found any) or half dime. From looking over other posts on the forum, looking on the beach doesn't seem to be the best area to find these gems I'm after ;)

Thanks man, I really want an Indian nickle (I bought some but never found any) or half dime. From looking over other posts on the forum, looking on the beach doesn't seem to be the best area to find these gems I'm after ;)
Older Beach coins are usually in rough shape due to the sand action on them over the years.

If your newer to this hobby you have an advantage over people that have been doing this for a long time.
You can make a list of everyone you know - family, friends, neighbors , co-workers, etc.
If their house is 75 years old or more - (your into the Silver coin era) - ask if you can hunt their yard.
Dig clean holes / plugs and fill them in properly - remove all trash - even if it's not yours.
If you leave a yard cleaner than when you got there - there's good chance you'll be welcomed back.

Good Hunting !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back