MY FIRST WHEAT PENNY 1911

R

ruska3

I am new to this hobby and while out yesterday testing my Garrett Ace 150, I found a wheat penny at a park inthe city of detroit (of all places). After bringing my finds home and going over them I saw the wheat penny sticking out like a sore thumb. I called my step-dad and told him. He said to put it in a safe place it is valuable. Cool. Oh by the way I also found 12 pennies, 2 dimes, 1 nickel, and a small heart shaped silver pennant. I am pleased with the find even though they are clads. I will be moving to West virginia any suggestions?

Ruska3

Upvote 0
Sorry, no suggestions on the move. I've only hunted in Florida. However, you will definately get some input from other users on the move to Virginia.

By the way, Welcome to the Forum!

On you finds,
You did great! Very nice finds, clad or not! The wheatie sounds like a nice one too. What condition is it in? Can you post a pic of it? You can scan images or take a pic with a digital to get them in your post.

Great finds! And that Ace 150 is a nice machine, you'll enjoy it, I'm sure.

Rod

Welcome ruska3.

? ? ? ? ? ? Congrats on your First Wheat Find
And the Silver Find Of Course :)

and? Good Luck with your Move.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?J E F F

Way to go Ruska3, Remember where there are wheats there is silver. Welcome and good luck in W Virginia. There is a lot of history in those hills so you should do well. I would think a search online will get you some good info about places historically and then visit here and ask around some of the other threads on this forum. This is the best website for MDing . You will find a good group eager to help you. .
HH

Congrats on your finds esp. the wheatie. Welcome to the forum and remember that wherever you go the forum is still here waiting for your next post/pic. Good luck and HH

:) Welcome and grat,s on the nice finds.Hope your move goes well and look forward to your post.HH

Thank all of you for the well wishes and welcomes. I am trying to get a hold of someone with a digital camera so I can show you all my finds. Will keep you posted.

Ruska3

Congrats on the coin. I started this hobbie in Detroit in 1975. A friend stuck it on me and I was immediately hooked. Lots of good places in the vacinity of Detroit; too bad you're moving. Good Luck though.

Nice wheatie. Great to find silver also. When scouting out West Virginia figure that its old change will come from mining and trucking locations and where they brought it home. Also many, many ghost towns that are not on any map and word of mouth reveals the whereabouts. I found one by catching it from a tour guides speech one day. Also watch out for the bears and rattlers,... NO REALLY! Also lots of old rail road towns were abandoned along the way. Good luck, its always been my dream to move there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back