My first watch fob!

Leco

Dec 9, 2009
Calera, Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett CSI 250 (Because I thought it was a ACE 250)
Ive been trying to get the hang of my F70 and today it felt like i made some strides. Yesterday I took it out to some old home sites that always treated me well with the ace 250. Detected for about five hours with little results, it was frustrating. Well i had some chores to do today so i couldnt go out on another adventure but i had that itch. So i took it out in the front yard. Now i have a old house ( old for Oklahoma anyways), but i don't like detecting here because its so trashy. Not to mention a large amount of EMI, i live right on the highway in the middle of town (distracting), and all of the weirdos and methheads walking around.... Well anyways im getting off subject so straight to the results. I found this watch fob about four inches down. Didnt find much info on it other than its about 100 years old. I also found two wheaties, eight cents in clad, a old razor handle, and of course tabs. But all in all, not bad for a thirty minute hunt.
ForumRunner_20140318_160209.png

Upvote 3
I cant figure out why the picture is sideways

If you took the pic with your phone, it may default to a sideways orientation that the phone corrects when you view it through your gallery. My phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) does the same thing. Pisses me off.

cool fob. I think that one dates somewhere around 1920, maybe even a little earlier. there's an identical one listed on feebay right now for 50 bucks

cool fob. I think that one dates somewhere around 1920, maybe even a little earlier. there's an identical one listed on feebay right now for 50 bucks

Yeah I saw that on ebay. Thanks for the info.

Very nice fob, and people love collecting anything Billiken. Plus, you can poke bad peoples eyes with that. Would come in handy out here, often. Carl

If you took the pic with your phone, it may default to a sideways orientation that the phone corrects when you view it through your gallery. My phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) does the same thing. Pisses me off.

What happens if you take the pic with your phone horizontal instead of vertical. Thats what I do with my phone, comes out just right that way.

Looks pretty cool, I'll see if I can straighten it out for you. Nice find.

Nice old advertising piece Leco. I love stuff like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back