Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all !
My buddy and i got out for a couple hours today by detecting a local Jr.High school. The schools pretty old , built in 1929. I went there in the mid 70's.
LaCumbreJuniorHigh.jpg
Ive done very good there in the past. 16 silver rings (!) , a ton of clad and one Mercury dime. I know theres gotta be more old silver there ! Just gotta be !
Well today didnt disappoint. It wasn't silver but a very well worn 1912 "V" nickel ! I couldn't believe it. It predates the school by almost 20 years ! Its seen better days but you can still read the date.
20191227_173609.jpg
20191227_173619.jpg
I found my first Buffalo just a couple days ago at a different school. Can a Shield be next !?!
Sorry my phone had a hard time focusing.
GL&HH

Upvote 21
Nice find! I remember my first v nickel like it was yesterday. Very exciting the first time you find any new coin. Good luck on your next outing there has to be more there looks like a lot of ground to hunt.

Congrats on the first! Honestly though....that's in better shape than any of the ones I've ever pulled from the soils of SW PA! Gotta be more goodies in there!

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hope the shield comes for you . Sounds like a great hunt spot nice job I love those coins

Fingers crossed for the "Shield" !!!! :occasion14:

Sweet job on the V nickel! Any chance it has an S mint mark? Then that puppy would be worth a fair amount. Way to go regardless!

NICE! Dig those nickel signals! Lots of detectorists don’t bother with them because of their similarities to foil and other trash signals but- learn their sounds, and you’ll be pulling them out of even the most hunted public places! Congratulations!!!!

Very nice coin. Congratulations :icon_thumright:

Congrats on the your first V, may your coin find many more! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back