mbcuce

Jan 6, 2019
SC Lowcountry
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We've been hammering this site and it has produced a few goodies but this last hunt was one of the better ones. I had another first, a Trime! Added a little lemon juice and it shined right up. And it was 1851, the first year.
IMG_6336.jpgIMG_6338.jpgIMG_6339.jpg
I also found an awesome military button, a SC Militia, palmetto tree, two piece button. I believe, pre-civil war, 1840's-1860's. This one, I wasn't sure what it was when I found it but knew it was something. I really had written it off as too damaged to tell, Lost Signal suggested the lemon juice on it as well and I was blown away with the results. Below is out the hole, partially cleaned and final cleaning.
IMG_6341.jpg IMG_6346.jpg IMG_6348.jpg

Found some other goodies, lots of plain flat buttons, not pictured, a decorative piece maybe from a gun, a buckle with a tiny piece of the silver plating left and a lead bale seal with stars that I thought was interesting.
IMG_6349.JPG IMG_6342.jpg IMG_6344.jpg

Upvote 28
That little beauty is awesome, as well as the rest of your finds. Still seeking that elusive trime after 30+ years.

We've been hammering this site and it has produced a few goodies but this last hunt was one of the better ones. I had another first, a Trime! Added a little lemon juice and it shined right up. And it was 1851, the first year.
View attachment 1991678View attachment 1991679View attachment 1991680
I also found an awesome military button, a SC Militia, palmetto tree, two piece button. I believe, pre-civil war, 1840's-1860's. This one, I wasn't sure what it was when I found it but knew it was something. I really had written it off as too damaged to tell, Lost Signal suggested the lemon juice on it as well and I was blown away with the results. Below is out the hole, partially cleaned and final cleaning.
View attachment 1991681 View attachment 1991684 View attachment 1991685

Found some other goodies, lots of plain flat buttons, not pictured, a decorative piece maybe from a gun, a buckle with a tiny piece of the silver plating left and a lead bale seal with stars that I thought was interesting.
View attachment 1991686 View attachment 1991682 View attachment 1991683
Very Nice!!! Lemon juice did Good!!! Congrats!!!

Been using lemon juice on everything from Roman Coins (Silver) & plated 18th C Military Buttons. Used in short bursts & rinsed off well it's perfect.

PS. Congrats on your first Trime.

Congrats on the Trime and button they cleaned up nicely.
The lead seal is a different looking. It had me thinking it was a coin by looking at the picture, then I read what you had written again. It would interesting to see a picture of it cleaned up some more.

Some most excellent finds! Trimes are so small and don't come around very often. Yours looks to be in very good shape. Also love the military button. That cleaned up nicely. Congrats on a great hunt!

I use lemon juice too. Nice, mild, non-toxic cleaner. But I have forgotten cents and left them in it for awhile. They became noticeably thinner!

The lead seal is a different looking. It had me thinking it was a coin by looking at the picture, then I read what you had written again. It would interesting to see a picture of it cleaned up some more.
The Lead seal looks to be a Cloth Seal.

Congrats on the Trime! I would be over the moon to find one!!

Blimey..a TRIMEey! Way to go and lots of other cool finds. Thanks for sharing your lemon juice results!

Congrats on your first Trime. That one is in pretty good condition, and cleaned up nicely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back