My first time was today.

fishdude

Greenie
Apr 25, 2005
Chester County, PA
Well today was my first time detecting.

I got an ACE 250 delivered Saturday and was able to go out and try it today.

About an hour of hunting before the rain came. Luckily no rain scheduled after today so the rest of the week should be better.

I was looking in a local park around one of the picnic tables and one of the exercise stations and found:

1974 quarter
1964 penny
big M pendant
a little star pendant
and another item (I think its a piece of copper cut off the end of a pipe)

There were also 3 bottle caps and 2 can tops that I threw away.

Not much for the time I spent, still trying to get used to the detector.

Attachments

• firstfinds.JPG
    firstfinds.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 414
Upvote 0
Not bad at all,my first time detecting all I found was junk. Your off to a good start. Congrats and welcome to the hobby.

Welcome Fishdude,looks like your well on your way.Its out there for you.HH

Looks like you are well on your way! Congrats on some neat finds and being able to get out!

Best of luck!!!

Welcome its a great hobby. Dude your off to a great start, when I first started all i dug was nails, PT's (pull tabs), and worms. Until I found a Rare Bank Token worth $5.00 that got me hooked. Still I find lots of trash, found my first Wheatie and bullet yesterday, I am very new too but I am learning fast. Try and find old schools, churches, and house's. Look for old dug up sidewalks, and demolished houses. (Get permission if needed) Go after it rains, you can pick up signals easier and the ground is softer.

Here is a picture of the Token, check out my post (Some OK finds for 5/1/05)

Attachments

• BankToken001.jpg
    BankToken001.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 372
  • BankToken001.jpg
    BankToken001.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 335
My first time was 1970. My highschool sweetheart and I were at a,WHOOOAAA .OH DUDE! Your talking about metal detecting. GEEZ.
For an hour my friend and your first time that is excellent. Keep at it. this is all about being persistant. Your off to a great start. HH
Ok so where was I? Oh it was 1970 and ............... ;)

Welcome to the best hobby on Earth Fishdude! Looks like you had a great first day! That star pendant looks like silver - any markings on it at all?? Good luck!!

Congrats ; I realy like the Star Pendent.

Welcome to TNet

Jeff

The star pendant looks like a Daughters of the Eastern Star charm, a spin off of the Masonic Lodge.

thats pretty respectible for only an hour of hunting on your first time out! it looks like you got the pinpointing thing down pretty fast! it takes time to get the hang of that for a lot of us.nice finds!

Great for the 1st time ever!

Most people come here complaining about the 23 pull tabs, 1 rotted zinc penny, 3 bottle tops, and 2 nails they found on their 1 time out! LOL

You did good!

Find more, dig more, post more!

HH

Lonewolfe

Great first finds, and welcome to the forum. You've got a good machine there to start with. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more! HH

Hello & Welcome to the forum!
Looks to me like your off to a great start, Isn't that little star pendant silver?
I noticed your name has something to do with fish. If ya like fishing, your going to have a hard time figuring out when to go, I haven't been since I got my detector... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

A wonderful first time experience! Congratulations!
F.Y.I.: The silver star pendant is actually a Pentacle: A Pentagram (five pointed star commonly associated with Wicca, Ritual Magick, Satanism and Masonry) that appears inside a circle.

A great start dude! My first ever hunt I found a 1917 WW1 medal. Talk about getting the hook!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back