My first time to post

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everbody,

I'm new here to the Forum and this is my first time to post anything, so bear with me. I'm still learning how all of this works and hope to get better at it as time goes on. I have been metal detecting off and on for about twenty years. My current detector is a Garrett GTI-1500 which I am still learning to use. I have never found anything that I would consider spectacular but I really enjoy the hobby. I enjoy reading about everyone's finds here on the Forum and am also learning from you all. What I consider my best find to date is a man's gold wedding band that had been lost for about 45 years. The man had passed away, but I was able to return it to his wife who was still living. She really appreciated my returning it to her.

Upvote 0
:) welcome to the forum. I've learn tons from the people here. It's a great gathering of people. That is a wonderful story about the ring. keep up the digging
Psgen

59er, welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your story, I know it made his wife very happy. Best of luck on your future finds and HH. 8)

Welcome aboard, 59er.

I like the story about the ring. It's a good feeling to be able to do something like that that means so much to someone. I have found a few rings but only one really good one and I could not identify the owner.

that was a really classy thing you did with the ring.the mans widow was probably surprised that honest people still exist.good things will come back to you for it......karma and all that! well done!.....

Hello, & Welcome to the forum...
That was a very nice thing you did with the ring. I bet that really made that lady's day...
I couldn't imagine the feeling she must of had after all them years... WTG!!!
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Welcome H59! Great story of the return of a ring. You'll fit right in around here. There's one hell of a lot of stand up guys posting on this site! Always good to add another one~CO2 ;) ;D

Welcome, and, Great story 59'er,,,,That's what it's about..Doing the right thing... I think you will really like this forum.There are some great people here to share knowledge with....Visit and Post Often....H.H.

Welcome, and nice story Huntin '59'r. Returning an heirloom to an appreciative owner is a nice geature, and I congratul;ate you on your honesty. Well done!

DJ

Welcome, look forward to your future posts!
I too have found a ring(about 14 years ago), it is a class ring from 1974..............and to date I have not been able to track the owner, but hopefully someday I will!!
It does make you feel good when you can return a long lost article to the rightful owner though doesn't it.
Broncox

The old goodies will come, but even the clad will add up to a nice pile after a little time!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back