My first time out! My new Ace 250 done good....

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

My new Garrett Ace 250 was waiting for me when I got home from work this afternoon. I put it together and started messing around in the yard.

I found a 1969 nickel, a 1968 penny, a snowmobile track stud, a couple of .22 short cases, a huge, thick "washer," an old spike, and lots of trash (but even the trash was fun....). The 250 seems to work very well and I was starting to get the hang of it after an hour or two. I can't wait to get proficient with it.

I used it mostly in "coin" mode with the sensitivity at four bars, as suggested on the forums here. I also used it in "all metal" mode and learned that even with the sensitivity set only half way up, it finds ANY little bit of metal!

I can't wait until I get some time off and really get to learn how to use my new MD.

Thanks to W & ET (I'll be subscribing shortly) and everyone using the forums for providing such a great source of information for a newbie.

Talk to you later,
desmobob

Upvote 0
WOO HOO! Another happy ACE250 owner! I love mine, and I'm sure you'll soon be posting pics of great finds soon! Congrats!

Hello, and Welcome to the forum...
Congrats on the new machine. It seems to be a very popular model on here lately..
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

I bought my Ace 250 almost 2 months ago and have found close to 30 dollars in change. I've found no silver yet but hopefully soon. I'm very pleased with my machine. :)

you made a good choice with the ace. good luck hunting with it! ;D

I got mine Yesterday---It's YELLOW! that's all I know right now.

to:
Jeffof PA--looks like you might need to start a section--the ACE250
:D

dave

I may have to get me one of these for a back-up. Or maybe even to let the wife try out. I don't think i've seen more posts on a general MD forum regarding one machine as much as I've seen on the 250. Seems Garrett really struck gold with this. :)

Got a couple of hours again today with the new Ace 250

I sure enjoy this detector. I went out for my second time with it and dug a LOT of stuff.... mostly trash of course, but six pennies too (all '60s).

I'm having fun getting to know the machine. I mostly used "custom" mode today with just two narrow areas notched out to reject the very lowest iron section of the discrimination scale and one notch under the pull tabs symbol. It allowed more trash --mostly bottlecaps-- than the "coin" setting but I had a good time digging. ;D

I'm dying to get some time off so I can try some places I have in mind. I'm currently working 13 straight days on, then one off. As you can imagine, this sucks in a very big way. (I'm a postal service letter carrier.)

Good luck to everyone that has time to get out there!

desmobob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back