My first silver ring ever!

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOOO HOOO! I took a chance on the weather and got out today for about 2 hours. Hit a beach at a fresh water pond next to the local high school, and came up with my first silver ring ever! It's marked .925, T & Co, 1837, and inside it says 1997 Tiffany & Co, .925. WOW was I pumped! Found a clad dime, 2 memorial pennies, an eagle pin, and a weird looking brass thing that looks like a tiny torpedo. It was tied to fishing line, so someone was using it as a sinker. Any ideas what that may be? Anyway, I scored my first real ring, and now I know that that sorta stuff is actually out there. Gotta admit, I was beginning to doubt, lol!! HH all!

Attachments

• Sandy Pond Finds 4-23-05.JPG
    Sandy Pond Finds 4-23-05.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 232
  • Sandy Pond Eagle 4-23-05.JPG
    Sandy Pond Eagle 4-23-05.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 240
  • Sandy Pond Ring 4-23-05 (2).JPG
    Sandy Pond Ring 4-23-05 (2).JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 227
  • Sandy Pond Ring 4-23-05.JPG
    Sandy Pond Ring 4-23-05.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 231
  • Sandy Pond Ring 2 4-23-05 (1).JPG
    Sandy Pond Ring 2 4-23-05 (1).JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 0
excellent finds kidd!i love the look of silver in the morning.not sure about the torpedo,when i was a kid i used pretty much anything out of my dads nuts and bolts for a fishing weight.i still here about it too!

peace,bigrig

Nice finds!!!
I never seen a ring with all that writing on the outside of the band, interesting...
That eagle looks like it's silver also...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

I agree! I have never seen a ring with writing like that on the outside of the band. I wonder if it could have been some type of salesman sample, advertising promotion or a ring to try on to get the correct size?

VERY NICE FIND THOUGH! I am still waiting to find my first ring :-(

Steeler Fan

Thanks guys! The eagle pin has no markings on it, and it's heavy, but I don't think it's silver. I checked out the ring on eBay. If you search under Tiffany & Co 1837 ring, several of them come up. Seems the 1837 is a series. I agree about all of the engraving, but the ones on eBay were all identical, and several have sold recently for anywhere between $30 and $70. Maybe because of the prestigous Tiffany name??? I'm not gonna question it, though. It's gorgeous to me!!! Thanks again everyone!!

Did a little more research on the ring at www.tiffanys.com. They have a whole collection of sterling ang gold jewelry called "1837". The 1837 represents the year Tiffany & Co. was founded. They have the exact same ring on their site, says it retails for $125.00. I know I'd never sell it for that, but not a bad score on my first ring! I'm not selling it anyway, lol!

TreasureKidd, ?that is one nice looking ring. ?I really like the eagle. ?Any time you find an eagle, you are soaring high! ?Congrats on your finds.

Congrats man. Great looking silver ring made by the best. It's out there and I know how you felt about starting to get impatient wondering if it is really out there. Truth is there's alot out there still to be found.

The first of anything is brutal to find. Once you get one alot more seem to follow alot easier. Anyhow glad to see others making finds.

Continued success take care Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back