FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi there, I got out for about an hour between the storms today and checked out a few old houses that were built around the turn of the century and have not been lived in since about the 50s or 60s. There was so much trash out there that my detector was getting confused, and so was I. I went around the back of one of the houses and I got a really strong signal, so I dug down expecting to find a can or a pull tab, but out popped half of this old silver locket! I got another signal a few feet away and I figured that it couldnt get any better, but it did.... out came the other half of the locket! You can see the rusted iron ring that held the picture in place. That was the best of todays finds. I also found 2 aqua Ball Mason Jars, 1 quart I think. The 1998 nickel came from one of the houses that had been lived in recently. I also found the two 30-30 cartridges and the 9mm Luger bullets at that house. All in all I would say it was a pretty good day, how about you? HH!

Fox

P.S. Does anyone know the approx date or value of the locket? I wouldnt sell it, but it would be nice to know

Attachments

• P41205finds1.jpg
    P41205finds1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 306
  • P41205finds2.jpg
    P41205finds2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 315
  • P41205finds3.jpg
    P41205finds3.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 316
  • P41205finds4.jpg
    P41205finds4.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 314
  • P41205finds5.jpg
    P41205finds5.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0
Nice Finds

Thanks for Posting

J E F F

FoxHound
Great finds, not an expert on lockets so you might want to check with a jeweler on a price. As far as the jars, they could bring a couple of bucks on eBay. I worked at Ball for 18 years from what I remember they are old and look in great shape too. I would hunt both houses hard before they are torn down and dig up ever signal you get. Might be surprised what lays at the bottom. Know pull tabs are a pain in the backside. ?;D

Nice! I know that locket would make my day! Whats even more exciting was you were able to find both pieces! Thats great.

Great finds!!! Love the locket... Definitely looks old...
Cool Jars too... I'll ,make ya deal on one of them... I recently found six of the old porcelain lids, I think will fit those, in great shape...
I'll give ya three of them for one of the jars,,, then we could both have a nice old jar with the lids...
Just an offer, I'm not sure what the jars would be worth, but I seen a set of six of these lids on ebay for around $15 dollars...
If you would like to do a swap, Please let me know... Thanks

P.S.> If you would like to do a swap, we should probably messure the top of the jars and lids to see if it would be a match...
I don't think thay made them in too many different sizes...

Attachments

• CrawlFinds2.JPG
    CrawlFinds2.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 254
That's a Victorian era ladies make-up compact (not a locket) 1870s/1880s.

Cool find,

value in that condition = $35 to $50 (if it's sterling silver, and not broken).

if it were clean/rust free, you'd have a $300 to $500 piece there,

I'd be re-checking that place for sure!

Keep us up-dated,

HH

Lonewolfe

GRAT,S on your first 05 silver Fox, and nice finds.Sounds like the old yards are worth a few trips back.HH

lonewolfe said:
That's a Victorian era ladies make-up compact (not a locket) 1870s/1880s.

Cool find,

value in that condition = $35 to $50 (if it's sterling silver, and not broken).

if it were clean/rust free, you'd have a $300 to $500 piece there,

I'd be re-checking that place for sure!

Keep us up-dated,

HH

Lonewolfe

Wow! Thanks for the info Lonewolf. If I may ask, where did you come up with that? I wouldnt have even known where to start, especially since I thought it was a locket :D . Thanks again for the info, I will be going back there for sure, and I will post any finds that I dig up! HH!

Fox

Hey Foxhound,,, I take it, you didn't see my offer, ( above ),,, let me know what ya think....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back