my first post

coiny

Jan 3, 2010
Houston, TX
Okay, I've been on the site for about 10 months now and metal detecting for about as long. I am using a Bounty Hunter and have had good luck with it. A few months ago I bought a used White's Classic III. I have had good luck with it as well. So, I finally found am undetected site here in town. Actually an old apartment complex for the 40's was torn down and I have been pounding the site for a week or so now. It is right by my house too!

Up until metal detecting this site I have found tons of clad, about 6 silver items (rings, necklace, etc.), 1 10K gold pendant, but no old silver coins. Oh, and I had only found about 4 wheaties, despite doing research, going to old places, parks, etc. I am in a big city and it seems that everything has been detected before but not in many years.

So, it has been a quest for me to find a silver coin. This week I finally found a '43 Mercury dime at the old apartments. On day one I found about 8 wheats, a 1943 Cinco Centavo from Mexico(bronze, I think) and 1959 Cinco Centavo from Mexico but, no silver. I knew I was on the right track though. On day two I found 2 or 3 wheats and finally :icon_thumright: a Mercury dime. Day three I found more wheats and a '52 Rosie. Day four I found a silver belt buckle that says "Ano sin accidente automotive Petro Tech Service Co." I didnt notice until I cleaned it at home but it has the Sterling stamp. It weighs about an ounce. ;D On day five I found a '45 Mercury. Today I found 13 wheats.

As far as relics I have found an Oklahoma 1 cent tax token, an old Cutex bottle, a Palmolive-Peet Co. coupon from around 1928 for 10 cents off a purchase of Kwik Solv and some thingamajigs.

Okay, here are the pics. I'm sorry about the quality. My camera is old. I will try to post better ones later.
Picture 1 is the silver and a key from Lockwood Rowe Co in Massachusetts.
Picture 2 is Palmolive Peet Co coupon
Picture 3 is the tax token (has hole in it), aluminum ring, bottle and the centavos (large one is the '43).

Attachments

• silver.JPG
    silver.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 653
  • palmolive.JPG
    palmolive.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 649
  • centavo.JPG
    centavo.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 646
Upvote 0
Welcome to T-Net.

Congrats on your coin and relic finds so far. :icon_thumright:

yo C

From the land of the Bluenose.....good to see you get your feet wet me son. Look forward to reading more of your posts.

Dig and they will.....................come!

Welcome to T-net. THose are some very nice finds.
:icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

Welcome to T-Net. Nice first post and finds.Lokks as if you are off to a fine start. Look forward to many more.
HH
TnMountains

That looks like some mighty fine finds there! nice work! what model Bounty hunter are you using? keep swinging and HH!

Chuck.

Thanks everyone. I am using the bounty hunter tracker iv. It works almost as well as the white's. I love them both.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back