vpierceiii

Aug 2, 2018
Placerville CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iā€™m so stoked. I found my first old find in Camino, CA, near Placerville. Itā€™s a 1839 braided hair large cent. It was 4ā€ deep on a hill next to a tree.
IMG_0294.jpeg
IMG_0295.jpeg

Upvote 38
I forgot to mention I was using my Manticore. I was hunting in a private park in an area littered with foil and canslaw. Iā€™ve hunted that area before with my nox but could never find much due to all the trash. But this time the manticore found a solid 98-99 VDI. When I saw those numbers, I thought ā€œyeah rightā€. But it sounded good enough to dig up. When I first saw it, I thought it was a quarterā€¦.Iā€™ve never seen a large cent in person. Itā€™s not common at all here on the west coast. Then I saw the bust and was shocked but didnā€™t believe it. Then I turned it over and saw the circle of the wreathā€¦.rubbed the dirt off and saw the ā€˜one centā€™. I was ecstatic. All the hours of digging pull tabs, Lincolnā€™s and other trash finally payed off. For once I got to enjoy the experience instead of just seeing it on YouTube. What a day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back