My first Large Cent

outlaw319

Aug 26, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Ace 250
First of all I'm a long time reader new to posting.
I finally found a large cent even though it might be Canadian! I went to a buddies house to find his property post for him, while I was there i searched his yard a little and found some clad, a wheatie, his truck key, and a large coin. I knew better than to rub it even though I was really curious as to what it was since I knew it was bigger than a quarter. When I got home I noticed it was copper because of the patina on it, so I gave it a peroxide bath! I then noticed the face on the front and the words came out but no date or denomination on it so I looked it up on the web and found it.....its a Edward VII large cent from 1902-1910, sorry I haven't got a pic of mine but here's the one from the site. http://www.calgarycoin.com/modern/cdcent.htm

Upvote 0
Thanx guys!!!! I wonder if anyone knows anything about these coins on here, like if they had any known errors or anything like that? The reason is that I think its kinda wierd how the denomination and year is completely gone on here, I know they could just be worn off but you can make out the vines/leaves on the outside boarder just fine. I'll try to post a pic of it soon.

NICE..WHAT IS THE BEST AREAS TO FIND THESE?? ANY ONE KNOW?? MAY I ASK WHAT KIND OF TERRAIN YOU FOUND THIS IN? i AM STILL TO FIND ONE....

Hello, and welcome to the forum...
Congrats! an a great find. I found my first large cent back in August of last year. They are a real treat to pull from the ground..
Continued Good luck, & happy hunting~

MONTCOPATIM said:
NICE..WHAT IS THE BEST AREAS TO FIND THESE?? ANY ONE KNOW?? MAY I ASK WHAT KIND OF TERRAIN YOU FOUND THIS IN? i AM STILL TO FIND ONE....
I found this in a front yard of my buddies house located in central Illinois.

Nice find on your first large cent, lol I havent even found one yet... happy hunting.

Good Job, any large cent is good find I think. I've not found an american large cent yet, I do hope to. I did find a 1946 large Italy cent recently It's the one with the Hen and chicks on it and in very fine shape.

Treasure The Hunt

KirkTN

Good going, you just never know what or when you are going to find something good in this hobby.
Kinda like to surprise grab bags they used to sell at the skating rink when I was younger.
Congrats.
Rob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back