My First Gold!!!

ejimbo4

Jan 7, 2013
Martin,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I actually found this in a crevice Monday.I spent about 2 1/2 hours digging out the crevice in a boulder and it took me 3 days of panning out the cons(about 3" in a 5 gal. bucket) in my spare time but I finally managed to get it in a vial this morning! I am super excited and can't wait to get back to the creek but I do have to figure out something better for recovery than panning.This flour gold is so small and fine I was amazed.I think I actually did pretty good in getting most of the gold but I am saving the cons I panned until I can run it through something that will catch the fine gold. I am hoping that if I move up the creek it might get a little better(This is all new to me and this was my second time out)Anyways here is a pic of my vial.....Thanks for looking!

DSC06703_zps2eaecbb7.jpg

DSC06699_zps7f3adca7.jpg

Upvote 6
Awesome.............HH

Nice yella! Congrats!!! :occasion14:

That's pretty dang good for your second time out.can't go wrong with gold it being over sixteen hundred an ounce.doing great.

Good start and welcome.

Awsome - go get it

A pat on the back is well deserved! Great job!

Thank you! I am trying to decide on a cheap sluice concentrator to clean all the fine cons. I saw that Califoria Sluice had a Bucket Sluice Concentrator.....anyone here ever used one?

GOOD JOB ...That's hard [back breaking] work .

Davers! I see you are in Acworth? Do you do any panning? I am looking for someone to hook up with and hit the creeks. I also just picked up a Garrett Ace 250...

Very Nice color there! Keep it up and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back