Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I received my detector for Xmas. We did have some amazing weather here in PA for a few days. Here's what I found in about 3 hours of hunting. The coins aren't old. The round thing has a picture of a St. Bernard in it. The glass is about 1/4" thick. I'm also showing the back. I think that maybe it was a pin. Can you see the St. Bernard?

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 375
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0
looks like old abe, thanks for posting. Ask the moderators for help on pictures, I'm not that good at it myself.

OK Here's another try.

Attachments

• St bernard.jpg
    St bernard.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 373
  • Back of st. bernard.jpg
    Back of st. bernard.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 357
now that's what i'm talkin about.. that wasn't too big! i want to see some detail people! lol... cool finds :)

I was in an antique shop once and seen a cast iron Boston terrier for around 300.00. I would imagine if this were an antique of some sort it would have some kind of value.

could be a rosette worn on a horse's bridal. Nice finds!

I found these in my yard. (along with shell casings, square nails and other "junk") I live in a farmhouse built around 1870. Between the house and the road, we have a hitching post and a carriage stone...a large cut stone to step off the carriage onto. I found this there, so it might be something from a bridle.

:-\Unfortunately, a few years ago we landscaped the back yard and brought in 70 truckloads of fill. But we do have plenty of area we can still search.

It is a bridle rosette. I found similar ones under "google". Not as old as I hoped though. Just from the 1960's. Thanks for your help.

keep it up, if your home dates back that old you are bound to find things from that period. Remember swing slow and even and you will detect great things.

Darla

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back