My First Finds!

pikake

Oct 16, 2005
Aloha all,

Been reading all of your exciting finds and expertise for a month now and I always wanted to try MDing. So a couple of weeks ago I decided to take the plunge and ordered a White's DFX. I was so excited when it arrived that I practiced in my yard with a few coins. ;D Decided it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be :P But if I keep practicing I'm hoping I will get better at this :) This morning drove a few miles to the trailhead and hiked a mile and a half up to the Horse Camp. The weather was just right for this time of the year, a little windy but no rain. Started MDing at a little covered area that looked like people would have hung around and got a 25 cent signal at 0.5" and low and behold it was a 1996D quarter! Made sure to fill my hole back up. Tried another area and got another signal (forgot what kind of signal it was) at 4.5" and it was a waded up foil, filled my hole and put the foil into the trash can. Another area I got a signal about 5" and dug up this brass shell casing. Last but not least was this rock sort of thing, don't know if it's tin, copper or some other kind of metal. All in all I had fun learning my new detector and it was great getting out ;D Wishing you all lots of finds and most of all fun in finding them ;D

Aloha,
pikake

Attachments

• MyFirstFinds10-16-05.jpg
    MyFirstFinds10-16-05.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 370
Upvote 0
Pikake,

way to go. Sounds like you and your machine are getting along just fine. Getting out there is half the fun of the hunt.

Hope to see more post from you. Good Hunting.

have a good un...........
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

The more you use it,the more you learn it!
The brass shell casing looks like its pregnant.lol
Good 1st finds. Hope to see more.

They get loaded and wake up that way

You picked a great machine, have fun with it. tsgman

Pikake,

This is my first year hunting and I also bought the DFX. You will learn to love this machine. Nice first finds

Nice Finds Pikake. Hey how do you pronounce your name? Does it mean something? Welcome to Treasure Net.HH

Good deal pik!

Welcome aboard!

HH

Lonewolfe

Thank you all :)

Can't wait until the weekend. Got permission to hunt a friend's yard. Hoping to get more practice and find more exciting finds ;D

Hi Floater, the proper way of pronouncing pikake is "pee-kha-kay" but we say it as "pee-kha-key". It's a hawaiian name for a flower back in the islands (see avatar). It comes from the jasmine family. It was named after Princess Kaiulani's peacocks that roamed her garden. It's scent is very fragrant. It was also my grandmother's favorite flower. She grew them in her backyard and would make leis from them.

HH and Aloha all,
pikake

Aloha pikake, and welcome to the forum. Your right, metal detecting isn't always easy. But that's half the fun, growing more skillful each trip out. I own the DFX also and I don't think I'll ever get bored with it, as it allows you so many ways to set it up for a particular hunt. Good luck to you and have fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back