Papaw55

Jan 2, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Commando
Cen Tech pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than going to a school ground and finding clad(I think that is what it's called if its not old coins), 2 quarters, 1 nickel and 4 pennies yesterday, I called a neighbor/pastor of an older active church and got an ok to hunt the church. With not much light left (1hr), I couldn't stand it and wife and I drove over with my Christmas present of a BH Commando and my Harbor Freight pinpointer. After a few pull tabs, I got a faint signal on Disc mode. Went to all metal mode and was a tad stronger. Barely could get a signal on Disc and decided to dig. 6-7 inches down it was out and pinpointer hit it in my pile. It was a 1919D wheatie. OMG, my first coin pre 1985 was old. Front was good shape and back was fair. 3 min later another faint but better beep and it was a 1958 nickel. This spot is where I figured the cars parked also. Sorry this was so long but my excitement was ... well, y'all know. I know this find pales in comparison to what this newbie has read on here but I just had to share my excitement. Dark bit, we left with me only detecting about 10 percent or less of the property. I believe I'm hooked on this and if there is an antidote, I don't want it. I love it and still have so much to learn. Thanks y'all.

Upvote 6
WELCOME TO OUR ADDICTION----:hello:

Well you got the bug now and there is no cure: Except to hunt and dig. Nice finds I been at it 6 months and oldest coin is a 1954 penny and I think I got that back in change lol. Congratulations and happy hunting.HH By the way, yes thenewer coins found are clad(coins/cash lost and discovered).

Congrats! Remember them firsts,they are special. compare your finds to your finds to be happy. Others will celebrate your success,if they don,t to bad for them.
Sounds like you,re a threat to hidden stuff all ready!

Great first finds!! I can't wait to dig my first old coin or relic! Good luck on the rest of your hunts!

I just got my new metal detector for Christmas my buddy has one and I pestered my wife enough she bought me one.. Now I have to wait for all the snow to melt and it's driving me nuts.. Congrats on your find hope to join you very soon..

that's great. keep on diggin' :icon_thumleft:

It's a great hobby, and very relaxing, plus the rewards you get are always very cool! Welcome aboard.

:occasion14: Thanks for sharing, HH and until next time keep digging:icon_thumleft:

Congrats! This is an awesome hobby. My favorite part is trying to figure out what those random bits of metal are. If you decide to start cleaning things make sure you read the advice on previous posts. You wouldn't want to damage your finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back