My boss first metal detecting/relic hunting trip

SouthArk

Mar 23, 2005
South-Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Detector Pro Pirate, Troy Shadow X-5, Fisher F75
My boss' first metal detecting/relic hunting trip

My new boss has a homeplace that is situated within a rather scattered out battle area in southwest Arkansas. He is a history nut, but when he found out about me and my detecting, he asked if I'd come and hunt with him and show him how to detect. I met up with him early yesterday morning after an hour and a half drive, and after he showed me around the area for about an hour..... we hit the woods. I let him use my Troy Shadow X-5 and he dug the very first signal....... a dropped .58 three-ringer! Ahh, the smile he had when after digging the hole for him.... pinpointing the target in the loose dirt, and uncovering the bullet..... He reached down and said, "Well, I'll be danged!" He had dug his very first Civil War relic! He wound up with 5 three ringers, a .54 Tie Ring Sharps, and a knap sack hook. I think he just may be hooked! He's ordered a good starter machine from Kellyco.... a Teknetics Delta 4000.

I'm gonna try and attach a pic of most of my finds..... I found another 3-ringer and more melted lead after this pic was taken. It was a good day!

Attachments

• downsized_1003091331[1].jpg
    downsized_1003091331[1].jpg
    34 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
Re: My boss' first metal detecting/relic hunting trip

I see a promotion in your future.

Re: My boss' first metal detecting/relic hunting trip

Great digs Kim.. Maps that i promised will be on the way to you by friday..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back