MY biggest yard sale find ever for a buck. And turned out to b real.

chark21798

Dec 6, 2004
SOUTH JERSEY
Detector(s) used
explorer/ wot coil
I went out to yard sale few months back around my erea. Well walked up and say this lady with some jewelry she was putting out on table and asked how much. Well there was a flower brooch full of rhinestones very dirty and thought was fake. She said a dollar so i thought i could put like $25 on it and make a few bucks. Got home and cleaned up with toothbrush. started to shine and shine and took a peek in back with glass and saw that beautiful 18k than it hit me these rhinestone might b real. Well had jeweler check those stones and yes all 123 stones were real diamonds all 6 1/2 karots. as you can see appraised at ALMOST $12,000.00 SO THATS MY YARD SALE FIND OF LIFETIME.

Attachments

• 110_0527.JPG
    110_0527.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 300
  • 110_0528.JPG
    110_0528.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 312
Quite the find.....you hit it out of the ballpark with that one.....lol.

It's going to be a tough one to beat.

Regards + HH

Bill

Wow....what a find.

You know, if you can ID the maker it will be worth more money. Stunning piece of jewelry. Congratulations...

Awesome find, you must have **** when you realized the stones were real!!

I logged in just to say that is one sweet find!

HH
-GC

WTG & Beautiful :icon_thumright:How rare of a story,,HH:hello:

Good luck trying to beat that find, Find of a lifetime for sure.:icon_thumleft:

Great find and a sweet estimate for an unsigned piece. Just remember estimates are for insured replacement values and not a true depiction of the actual market value. That doesn't take away from this being one helluva garage sale score! Congrats! :headbang:

Too bad you didn't find it with a metal detector. You probably would have made the banner. :cussing:

That is one sweet find! That would change my life. Hey Diggumup! I'm with ya on the banner comment, but lets face it, garage sale finds would dominate the banner if they let them in. I prefer the relative anonymity.

Great find and a sweet estimate for an unsigned piece. Just remember estimates are for insured replacement values and not a true depiction of the actual market value. That doesn't take away from this being one helluva garage sale score! Congrats! :headbang:

Too bad you didn't find it with a metal detector. You probably would have made the banner. :cussing:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back