Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Best Find EVER!!! 1880's

I found this in a old box of coins that my sister's boyfriend left in the trunk of her car after they broke up. His loss, my gain...

photo 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7
No kidding. No offense to anyone here, but the guy was kind of a douche anyway. Glad he's gone or things was going to get ugly, so it ALL worked out for the better. This coin is just an added bonus... lol

What are the other old coins? Might be something better than that Morgan.

Thanks guys, I was excited about it. It looks to be in extremely good condition, but I'm an amateur when it comes to the condition of coins. Just wish I would have found it metal detecting instead... LOL. I'm thinking about getting it graded, so if anyone has any information on what it costs, or the best place to go, please let me know. Thanks again......

What are the other old coins? Might be something better than that Morgan.
There was some buff's (nothing real old), some wheaties and some modern half dollars, nothing to write home about to be honest. Couldn't believe when I spotted this lying at the bottom of the box, AMAZING... IMO.

Awesome! Treasure's where you find it!

Thanks guys, I was excited about it. It looks to be in extremely good condition, but I'm an amateur when it comes to the condition of coins. Just wish I would have found it metal detecting instead... LOL. I'm thinking about getting it graded, so if anyone has any information on what it costs, or the best place to go, please let me know. Thanks again......

Nice find Jay - I would not bother with getting it graded, grading would cost more than the coin is worth, I had one slabbed about 4 years ago and I think the cost was over $50

Nice find Jay - I would not bother with getting it graded, grading would cost more than the coin is worth, I had one slabbed about 4 years ago and I think the cost was over $50

Thanks for the info on grading. I've never looked into it, but have always been curious. No sense in paying for a service that costs more than what they are servicing.

Couldn't agree more. There was more coins in the box, but me and my dad split them up between us. I let him have his pick and I took what was left... LOL!!! Sad part of it is, the coins were a collection of her boyfriends late grandfather and he didn't care enough about them or his grandfather to take them home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back