My best day near the Santa Fe Trail

DSwish

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2023
NE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400
I've only been dirt digging for about 2 years, so I do not post much, but was very excited to bring home these items a few days ago. I was hunting with the landowner (also a newbie) near the Santa Fe trail in eastern Kansas. We found several iron items besides the bullets and the silver dime. But too much to post right now. I really thought I had found a gold coin, but unfortunately it is a 2005 10 cent Euro. How it got in the middle of a pasture I do not know and neither did the landowner. If someone could fill me in on exactly the era of the bullets and what type of rifle, pistol, etc., used them I would be grateful as I am ignorant on them and haven't had time to do research. I have not tried to clean them only dipped them in water to get the dirt off. Thanks in advance. I can't wait to go back.

Attachments

• Nov Finds 2.jpg
    Nov Finds 2.jpg
    966.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Nov Finds.jpg
    Nov Finds.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
Upvote 14
I've only been dirt digging for about 2 years, so I do not post much, but was very excited to bring home these items a few days ago. I was hunting with the landowner (also a newbie) near the Santa Fe trail in eastern Kansas. We found several iron items besides the bullets and the silver dime. But too much to post right now. I really thought I had found a gold coin, but unfortunately it is a 2005 10 cent Euro. How it got in the middle of a pasture I do not know and neither did the landowner. If someone could fill me in on exactly the era of the bullets and what type of rifle, pistol, etc., used them I would be grateful as I am ignorant on them and haven't had time to do research. I have not tried to clean them only dipped them in water to get the dirt off. Thanks in advance. I can't wait to go back.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!! I like seeing those St. Louis Arsenal bullets.:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back