My best day for gold!

Jul 3, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Nokta Impact, Nox 800, Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best day for gold! A beautiful University of Notre Dame class ring dated 1957 and marked 10k. A short distance away, a 14k wedding band dated 10-8-60. Both found in a local park. The class ring rang up just like a dime, and the wedding band was a solid 80 on the Deus II.
19427.jpeg

Upvote 46
My best day for gold! A beautiful University of Notre Dame class ring dated 1957 and marked 10k. A short distance away, a 14k wedding band dated 10-8-60. Both found in a local park. The class ring rang up just like a dime, and the wedding band was a solid 80 on the Deus II.
View attachment 2032451
Also let me welcome you to a very fine forum

Been around for 6 yrs come the long weekend coming up.

Congrats on the double gold, does the wedding ring have a date inscribed on the inner band?
It's inscribed 10-8-60, visible in the picture. It also has initials inscribed, but they're fairly worn and in a fancy script I haven't been able to make out yet.

It's inscribed 10-8-60, visible in the picture. It also has initials inscribed, but they're fairly worn and in a fancy script I haven't been able to make out yet.
Thanks-I was on the phone screen when I viewed it first.
Now on the desk top I can see it clearly.
62 yrs ago now-they'd be getting up there in age if still around.

2 older gold out of a park-really shows that folks have missed them or thought they were trash.

View attachment 2032451
Its a ring day for sure got a nice sterling one myself nice job!

View attachment 2032451
Very Very Nice!!!! Sweet Score!!!! Congrats!!!

Gold is just so relatively uncommon, 2 in one day, not at a beach, is incredible- Congrats!
Yes! I'm thoroughly ecstatic over these finds. About 7 years of detecting, and these make only about 10 total for gold rings. Thanks!

What program did you use with the Deus 2 ?

Thanks-I was on the phone screen when I viewed it first.
Now on the desk top I can see it clearly.
62 yrs ago now-they'd be getting up there in age if still around.

2 older gold out of a park-really shows that folks have missed them or thought they were trash.
Not necessarily on thinking targets were trash or missed.
The old park I shared in general discussion, all those years that I hammered that park..I Only dug high tones.
Never dug a single nickel or ring out of there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back