**My 3rd Wheat and First Silver Coin**

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, what can I say.... Lets see...umm! I did some hunting today??!! This female friend of mine has been asking me to take her hunting so today I did. I am going to start backwards because I can and because I want to save the best for last. Usually my best find is my last find this time was different. Last we searched the Old Hunted Out School. (This is where I found a dateless Buffalo and a Old Bank Token in earlier posts.) Ended at the area I have been over a bunch with bad results lots of trash. Searched the hillside a little, but no hits. First in front of the parking lot found some clad umm... 1966-1984 something. When I got to her house that was built in the late 1800's, I found a Wheat Penny on a trail going from the house to the back yard A...1953. My very first dig in her front lawn was 2 pennies 1961 and a 1962 in that same hole I found my very first 1943p War Nickle (35% Silver). My first silver coin, Woohoo!! No quarters at all none not one, hmm... odd!!??

Here are the pictures!!? ;D

Keep @ it and HH!!

Attachments

• house&school 001.jpg
    house&school 001.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 443
  • house&school 005.jpg
    house&school 005.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 431
  • house&school 004.jpg
    house&school 004.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 421
Upvote 0
Those folded up pieces of metal with the holes in em are harmonica pieces from the 1800's! those are nice and soo are the coins ;D

HEY!! nice goin!! your a big fan of those war nickles too arnt ya mud? great finds!!

Congrats on the silver ! Thanks for sharing with us. Keep on diggin' !

Huntin' 59er

Way to go. 40% silver in that nickel. Keep posting. We'll soon see the old seated liberty stuff you're finding. People been loosing stuff of value since before the revolutionary war where you're from.

Gratz on the Silver man. Got to love seeing it come out of the ground

Just wish I knew the feeling :'( :'(

Deadshot

MUDD AWESOME FINDS. ?CONGRADS ON YOUR SILVER AN WHEATS. I KNOW THERE IS A LOT MORE 2 COME.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?BUD

Great going mud!! Congrats on the silver and wheats!! WTG!! Its just a matter of time before youll get the other stuff.HH

WTG Mud! Congrats on the nickle!! Are you trying to get your girlfriend hooked now? Typical metal detecting junkie! LOL

HH 8) surfrat

Very nice finds!! Congrats on the silver! Looks like it might be worth a few more visits. HH

Congrats on the silver MUD, I still have never found an American silver coin. Cool date too, LOL! HH, Mike

Thanks everyone for the congratulations and for your posts. Harmonica pieces...? I thought they are some type of construction thing??
Hollowpointred, yes I really do like those War Nickles they hold some heavy history! It's odd the only two valuable coins I have found have been from a War. I found the 1865 2 cent (Civil War) and this 1943 War Nickle (WWII) hmm... Neptunus Rex the real percentage of silver in the War Nickles is 35% we both are wrong. (Please see page 118 of your Red Book.) My female friend is allready a hooked Treasure Hunter she just has been out of the game a little. Silver Coins are around, must be one waiting for you Mike. I am guessing you are not in the States too, American Silver coins must be somewhere over there.

Well thanks again everyone, more posts welcome!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Attachments

• silverbars.jpg
    silverbars.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 247
  • silverbars.jpg
    silverbars.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 251
Yep those are definetly old harmonica pieces, most likely from the 1800's or early 1900's, If you ever want to try and unbend them try heating up the bends with a small torch or something to break all the crystalization that occurs, then slowly unbend em.

Thanks Jake,

I think I may do that, thanks again.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back