MXT VDI NUMBERS

christophernixon

Nov 20, 2005
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I just bought a White's MXT and have several really good civil war sites to hunt in NW GA - do any of you guys who use the MXT have a list of VDI numbers that bullets, buckles, buttons commonly read??? I went out today and the machine would show buckle and I would dig a soda can - After reading multiple posts ono this board and others I have realized that if I would recognize the VDI for the soda can I wouldnt be wasting so much time digging them.? I know that I will still dig trash, thats part of the hobby - but I still want to find something good as well.

Any help you guys could give would definately be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Good luck, buttons read in the low positive numbers, and it depends on how deep a object is too. Hunt in relic mode and dig the positive numbers. In time you will find some old brass.

FreeTwoDtect said:
Good luck, buttons read in the low positive numbers, and it depends on how deep a object is too. Hunt in relic mode and dig the positive numbers. In time you will find some old brass.
Free is right, To find the good stuff you are going to have to dig the trash. When I Hunt CW Relics I Dig every Signal. trk5capt...

These buttons all read at different numbers, i do not believe there is a standard list of number ranges like there is for coins. Even the coin numbers can vary do to angle and how deep the target lies.

Attachments

• buttons a.jpg
    buttons a.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 249
  • buttons b.jpg
    buttons b.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 237

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back