MXT 300 VS F-75 for relics

crashbro17x

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First of all, I want to say that I own a MXT 300 (with a 950 coil) and I am thinking of trading or buying a F-75.

With weight aside, how do the machines compair overall?

Which machine has more depth?

Which machine has a more consistent VDI readings and target separation?

Which machine has a more consistent VDI readings and target separation at greater depths?

Which machine is more user friendly? Keep in mind I own a MXT.

Thanks for the help!

I owned a MXT years ago. Good machine for what it is. The F-75 is WAY deeper than the MXT ever thought about being. Specially in boost mode on the LTD! Call or email me if you have questions or need info about pricing! Thanks!

I'm with Stoops on this one.

I would like to go first with weight although you specified it wasn't a factor. My wife uses the MXT with the 950 coil and is worn out by early afternoon. On the other hand, the 75 can be swung all day with moderate fatigue. Effectiveness goes down, is my point.

You're looking at at least 2-3 inches deeper with the 75.

VDI probably goes to Whites based on the MXT we have thatonly give a certain few IDs, such as "nickel," "bullet/button," etc. The 75 has 0-100 that you can learn where your desired target hit. But easier? The Whites. For relic hunting, the Fisher by far.

User fiendly? Mm, possibly White's. Turn it on, ground balance, set disc, hunt. Fisher, turn it on, ground balance, set frequency (optional), set sens/disc, etc. But you're given much more control over your hunting than simply turning it on and it telling you that a ring lay below and it's a pull tab. Fisher gives you a number.

I don't mind complicated machines. In addition to the Fisher, I use a Nautilus. :D

CSbrasshunter said:
I'm with Stoops on this one.

I would like to go first with weight although you specified it wasn't a factor. My wife uses the MXT with the 950 coil and is worn out by early afternoon. On the other hand, the 75 can be swung all day with moderate fatigue. Effectiveness goes down, is my point.

You're looking at at least 2-3 inches deeper with the 75.

VDI probably goes to Whites based on the MXT we have thatonly give a certain few IDs, such as "nickel," "bullet/button," etc. The 75 has 0-100 that you can learn where your desired target hit. But easier? The Whites. For relic hunting, the Fisher by far.

User fiendly? Mm, possibly White's. Turn it on, ground balance, set disc, hunt. Fisher, turn it on, ground balance, set frequency (optional), set sens/disc, etc. But you're given much more control over your hunting than simply turning it on and it telling you that a ring lay below and it's a pull tab. Fisher gives you a number.

I don't mind complicated machines. In addition to the Fisher, I use a Nautilus. :D

MXT gives you a number also, along with a description and a bar graph. Go by the number. It may only have a description in words but the number gives you a better range. This goes for all of Whites mid to upper range priced machines.

Makes sense BT. My wife rarely turns it loose though. She goes strictly by the words. She enjoys, make no mistake!

Which machine has a more consistent VDI readings and target separation at greater depths?

Speaking from a stock coil standpoint I think the Fisher will have better separation due to the DD coil which comes stock on the machine. In my opinion if you want better target separation, save a few bucks and invest in a DD style coil for your MXT 300. I got the D2 for mine and have had the 6X10 DD in the past. Personally if you relic hunt I would go for the D2 as it has better depth than the 6x10. These are my 2 cents worth, Tim

I really can't say about the F-75 but with my MXT and the D2 coil I can get dimes at 10"+, I would find it hard to believe you would get 2" to 3" more depth with an F-75. I would buy a D2 coil for your MXT. HH

The new f75 ltd in all metal boost mode is about as deep of a machine as I have ever used. Don't forget fisher just came out with a 15" coil too. If it's depth you want thats no doubly tue way to go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back