✅ SOLVED Music related?

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this 2 years ago in the back yard where a barn once stood, made of tin. Could this be music related?
1671396456401.png
1671396487393.png

Last edited:
I see what looks like “AIR SPUN” with a fancy scrolled ‘S’ starting the second of those words, followed by what looks like the word “ROUGE”.

Rouge.jpg

The “AIR SPUN” wording style looks very similar to that used by Coty for their face powders sold from 1935 onwards. You can see the similarity on this display unit from 1935:

Coty.jpg

“Convinced that conventional ‘mechanical’ methods of face powder manufacture have reached the limit of their possibilities, Coty has uncompromisingly discarded them in favor of a revolutionary improvement—the “Air Spun” principle—which Coty found, tested, and developed”. (“Air Spun” face powder by Coty, 1935)

Coty’s machines (known as ‘micronizers’) used high pressure air fed into a closed drum to greatly reduce the particle size and improve the uniformity of the particles in their products for a superior cosmetic appearance.

So, I would guess this is a container or a small compact for one of their rouge products from around that time.

Upvote 6
I see what looks like “AIR SPUN” with a fancy scrolled ‘S’ starting the second of those words, followed by what looks like the word “ROUGE”.

View attachment 2060248

The “AIR SPUN” wording style looks very similar to that used by Coty for their face powders sold from 1935 onwards. You can see the similarity on this display unit from 1935:

View attachment 2060249

“Convinced that conventional ‘mechanical’ methods of face powder manufacture have reached the limit of their possibilities, Coty has uncompromisingly discarded them in favor of a revolutionary improvement—the “Air Spun” principle—which Coty found, tested, and developed”. (“Air Spun” face powder by Coty, 1935)

Coty’s machines (known as ‘micronizers’) used high pressure air fed into a closed drum to greatly reduce the particle size and improve the uniformity of the particles in their products for a superior cosmetic appearance.

So, I would guess this is a container or a small compact for one of their rouge products from around that time.

View attachment 2060248

View attachment 2060249

I don't no what made me think it was music related. Oh! well. Thank you red coat!

Upvote 1
Cosmetic, Haugh? Is it an early air purifier? Is that what you are talking about?

It is pressed powder?!?

Pressed powder yes, but nothing to do with air purification. Rouge for use on the cheeks as a cosmetic. It seems to be this one, with the hinge broken, the mirror and plastic logo insert missing.

Coty Rouge.jpg

Upvote 3
Pressed powder yes, but nothing to do with air purification. Rouge for use on the cheeks as a cosmetic. It seems to be this one, with the hinge broken, the mirror and plastic logo insert missing.

View attachment 2060493
Yes' that is the one. Thank you for sharing the pictures with use. Red coat

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back