Mr. Postman delivered the Mojave today and...

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
The Mojave came today and just a day or two ago received the rain/dust cover I ordered from the Ukraine (off eBay). The cover is really nice and is solid black, and covers the control box like a glove, a very tailored fit.

Did some air testing tonight and the results were pretty good, as air tests go. Silver half dollar will just hit at the 8" mark. Quarters are a solid 7", and the silver dime is a solid 6", but hits broken up just a little 6.5"

The Mojave in my air test lost very little depth at max disc, about 1/2 inch, maybe a tad more AND that depth loss does not really occur until you get up into the red zone.

Held a rusty nail about an inch in front of a quarter while swinging away and the disc worked beautifully! Also, was surprised to be able to disc out a zincoln but still hit nice and solid on an Indian cent.

The detector was nice and quiet even at full bore sensitivity in the house, my Outlaw could not do that.

Now I have a nice 2 inch high 14k filigree gold cross I found with the Golden micromax, I will never forget how it sounded with a mixed iron/nickel tone. On the Mojave you have to set the disc just below the "foil" line (or right on top of the word "foil") to hit that cross. So it looks like if you set that disc on the white/yellow break point, you will miss some small gold.

But overall I am really happy with it, cannot wait to give her a try in the field.

Sounds like you are getting it dialed in, hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours...................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back