Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hunted a 1800's cellar hole that was way back in the woods on a farm a few days ago.
The land owner told me that the house was torn down in the 1950's or 1960's.
Busy with work - will have to clean the finds at a later date - sorry for the low grade photo's.
Great weather and a great hunt !

Barber Dime - 1901
Mercury Dime - 1935-S
Indian Cents - 1866 - 1893 - 1897 - 1897 - 1900
Civil War Store Card / Token - 1863 - C.M. May - Merchant & Taylor - Steubenville, Ohio
This piece has been "Holed" but all the details are very clear - the nicest C.W. Token I've ever found.
The 3rd. & 4th. photo's are the only photo's I could find of the same Store Card - a non dug version.
Only difference is mine is dated 1863 and the non dug is dated 1865.

Good Hunting !

Attachments

• MH - 4-4-23 - A.jpg
    MH - 4-4-23 - A.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 148
  • MH - 4-4-23 - B.jpg
    MH - 4-4-23 - B.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 98
  • MAH - 1863 Store Card - A.jpg
    MAH - 1863 Store Card - A.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 91
  • MAH - 1863 Store Card - B.jpg
    MAH - 1863 Store Card - B.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 35
Quite a haul- Congrats!! The token looks it fell out of someone's pocket yesterday- great find!

Great finds. Especially the 1866 a tougher year.

Awesome finds!!

Can you post a good photo of the 1866 Indian, it's a key date coin and could be worth a few bucks, at least enough to buy some gas and a few beers!!
Sorry, my good camera is down - can't take any good closeup photo's right now.
I got lucky - the 1866 Indian is in the best condition of all the Indians found on this hunt.
Yes, I know the 1866 Indian is a key date but it has very little value to collectors because of the heavy green patina.
Besides, I don't sell any of my finds - even if they are valuable.

Last edited:
Sorry, my good camera is down - can't take any good closeup photo's right now.
I got lucky - the 1866 Indian is in the best condition of all the Indians found on this hunt.
Yes, I know the 1866 Indian is a key date but it has very little value to collectors because of the heavy green patina.
Besides, I don't sell any of my finds - even if they are valuable.
There's a macro lenses that clips on your cell phone over its camera. Works pretty good. I'm traveling but I'll get u the name. Got it for Christmas.

There's a macro lenses that clips on your cell phone over its camera. Works pretty good. I'm traveling but I'll get u the name. Got it for Christmas.
Thanks for the info. - I'll check in to it.

Hunted a 1800's cellar hole that was way back in the woods on a farm a few days ago.
The land owner told me that the house was torn down in the 1950's or 1960's.
Busy with work - will have to clean the finds at a later date - sorry for the low grade photo's.
Great weather and a great hunt !

Barber Dime - 1901
Mercury Dime - 1935-S
Indian Cents - 1866 - 1893 - 1897 - 1897 - 1900
Civil War Store Card / Token - 1863 - C.M. May - Merchant & Taylor - Steubenville, Ohio
This piece has been "Holed" but all the details are very clear - the nicest C.W. Token I've ever found.
The 3rd. & 4th. photo's are the only photo's I could find of the same Store Card - a non dug version.
Only difference is mine is dated 1863 and the non dug is dated 1865.

Good Hunting !
Great finds and great title to boot...love the token.... love to see it cleaned up! Congratulations 👍

Macro lense that clips over your cell phone camera. Been pretty handy.

20230409_204809.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back