Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Day 1
Well we got 3 inches of snow and the next day we had enough sun to reduce the snow to a manageable level. It was in the teens overnight, but it was calling for it to warm up so out I went. I gridded a decent sized area on the elementary school ball field. This field has been hit by at least 2 other detectorists so the targets are scarce, but they did miss enough for a decent hunt.

In 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 I managed to find 21 coins with a face value of $1.62, a rose bush tag, a beat up pin with rectangular stone missing, part of a toy car, an old football cleat, a key, 3 modern buttons, a copper tag, a big piece of lead used to seal a drain pipe, copper flashing and wire, some foil and a few tabs.

DSCN3033.jpeg

DSCN3034.jpeg DSCN3035.jpeg

DAY 2
I went back to the new middle school to start grid searching sections and had a decent day. In 5.5 hours I found 151 coins with a face value of $10.32, part of a lock back knife, part of a toy gun, a decorated jar lid, an over the ear bud, a B charm, 2 screw in cleats, a live shotgun shell, a rifle cartridge, a bent up whistle, a 1945 wheatie, a 1966 Canadian penny, cans and slaw, tabs and the usual assortment of junk.

The jar lid has some fancy script letters on it, but it is so bent up it is hard to read. It looks like it came off a cosmetics jar of some kind and is probably from somewhere between 1920 and 1950. Too bad I can’t identify it.

DSCN3038.jpeg

The earbud is a nice one. Too bad I dint find a pair. Someone is not happy right now.

DSCN3040.jpeg

DAY 3
Took my weekly trip to the scout camp and spent 6.5 hours with the CZ21 working a campsite I haven’t detected in 3 years. I found a decent variety of scout stuff and the usual junk. Altogether I found 122 coins with a face value of $9.48, 86 camp tent pegs, the brass end of a dart, a Master lock, 2 knives in fair condition, an old mess kit wing nut, the brass end of the top part of a screw together flagpole, a Boy Scout neckerchief slide, a Scout emblem disk, the front part of a scout belt buckle, 2 fishing lures, part of an older style scout belt buckle, the brass part of a knife holder that hung on a belt, sinkers, some tabs, melted aluminum from the campfires fires and a couple of soda cans (crushed and buried).

IMG_8187.jpeg

DSCN3043.jpeg

The scout emblem disk looks like it was an embellishment glued to some scout novelty item. Not regular scout gear that would be easily identifiable. The piece beside it is the front part of the newer style belt buckle. It is magnetic and if made of a ferrous metal with a heavy coating to prevent rust. Above the scout emblem is a small solid brass piece with teeth. This is part of the older type scout belt buckle and is the part that adjusts the length of the belt. Pushing it up releases the belt so it can be pushed through and then it is pushed down to hold the belt in place in the buckle.

DSCN3042.jpeg

Not a great week but a busy one with lots of gas money and lots of fun. The weather looks like it might be improving. I have to go help my brother after his knee replacement surgery next week so I won’t be out much. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 14
Looks like you did very well with a total of 294 coins worth $21.42! You could buy quite a few silver dimes at a local coin shop with that! Good job!

Below the key in the top picture might be the device to rough up an inner tube before patching it?

Below the key in the top picture might be the device to rough up an inner tube before patching it?
It is actually a piece of jewelry. It has a pin back and the spikey edges held a decorative stone or plastic decoration of some kind that is long gone.

Thanks for the reply, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin..

NICELY DONE !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back