More road construction finds

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The sidewalks were out as far as you could see... Well at least as far as I could see.
I made these finds in less than two hours at a site that took three hours to get to. (Six hours of driving time total).
Actually all the finds were made within one hour because I spent about half the time hunting the downtown business district, but there was too much sand under those sidewalks. (I wish I had a shovel). I decided to walk further down into the residential section because the sand was much shallower there, and the boulevards were scraped about six inches deep.
There were obvious signs that someone had already beat me to the site. Man, would I have loved to see what they found!
Ten Indian Head cents in less than one hour, plus a Seated Lib quarter, and other stuff. I only got a chance to search about 1/4 of the total area before I had to leave.

Attachments

• Looking north.jpg
    Looking north.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 579
  • Looking south.jpg
    Looking south.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 573
  • Sidewalk finds.jpg
    Sidewalk finds.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 571
  • 1876 IH obverse.jpg
    1876 IH obverse.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 561
  • 1876 IH reverse.jpg
    1876 IH reverse.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 561
Upvote 0
Here's the Seated Quarter.

Attachments

• Seated quarter obverse.jpg
    Seated quarter obverse.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 560
  • Seated quarter reverse.jpg
    Seated quarter reverse.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 554
Great finds ,looks like some of those indians are in great shape.Can we see the reverse of them?WTG bk!!

Looks like Shepete was there first!?? ;D At least he/she left you some great finds.

outstanding finds!!!!!!!!! I've never found anything like that! Even when roads are being torn up around my town, the oldest they go is about the 20's! if the guy who beat u there left those behind, i wonder what he found ??? ??? keep it up!!

Congrats on a great bunch of finds ! And thanks for posting the pics for all of us to enjoy. H H !

Huntin' 59er

Nice finds BK

HH

Lonewolfe

Just speaking for myself, I can't even imagine getting that many old coins in an hour. They'd be calling 911 and saying "I don't know what's wrong with him, but he's having a spaz attack and I'm afraid he's gonna swallow his tongue!" Great hunting BK...Way to follow those long distance leads~CO2 ;D

Outstanding hunt! Some of those coins are in great shape. HH, Mike

Very Nice!!!
Looks a lot like heaven, don't it ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Hey BK...While rereading this post I noticed the hole token. What is it? Looks like it says 25 Cnes? How about a close-up. Thx~CO2

Colorado,
I think its a foreign coin. it's 25 Cnes. Dated 1928. I will take a close-up when I get a chance.
The other token is from a clothing store, but does not give a town or state. (Maverick).

BK

OUTSTANDING FINDS BK,One hour and look at the addtion to your collection.Nice hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back